A death and an anniversary...

It's a very sad day around here as we lost one of our very first boys, Pip. I honestly don't know what happened to him, this was all so sudden and unexpected. 

Pip would have tuned 7 at the end of this month. I still remember the day we picked him up back in October of 2009. He was always such a sweet and special boy. Never bit a day in his life and very rarely crabbed. He was an excellent daddy up until he got neutered a few years ago. I'm so saddened right now and just completely heartbroken.

Today is also Doug and Kyan's 1 year wedding anniversary. I'm trying so hard to be happy and think of something nice to say, but I'm so completely and utterly heartbroken. It just does not seem real. I kept thinking it was all a dream today while I was at work, but I knew it wasn't. I just don't understand. 

Pip was sick with a sinus infection several weeks ago, but that cleared up with two separate sets of antibiotics. His cage mate, Sadie, has been sick for the past two weeks as well, but what she has is completely unrelated. She had a severe URI that we're treating with clavamox and lots of liquids. Not only am I sad, but I can't imagine what she must be going through. She just lost her cage mate of 6 years on top of being sick. 

I've been keeping her with me basically 24/7. She's only in her cage while I sleep or while I'm at work. I hope that's enough to keep her mind off of losing him. 

Glide free my sweet and special boy. You are always in my heart and will be forever missed.

June 27th 2009 - June 1st 2016


No comments: