Milla update!

So, I didn't blog about Milla at all yesterday, but that's because I was too busy/worried, so it didn't cross my mind.

Tuesday night Milla's leg swelled up even more, it continued to do this into Wednesday. Her entire leg started to swell after a while, even her poor little toes. This was like a hard swelling, like rock hard. After a while it started turning a deep red/purple color and looked awful. Even the back of her leg looked awful. Her flank started to swell last night, but it was retaining water, as was the back of her elbow area. So overall the swelling and coloration have gotten worse.

With that being said, her temperature has gone down to the 101 range, which is perfectly normal for a dog. She's also started eating more -- even canned food! After Tuesday, she started putting more pressure on her foot with each day. Today she's almost walking completely normal with just a slight limp.

I had to tell all of this to the vet today when I called. His reaction? "Well it's not what we were thinking, bring her on in and lets see if we can get some more fluid out of it." So off we went.

We were taken back nearly as soon as we walked in the door, which was such a huge relief. It didn't take him long to confirm Milla has "pitting edema", which most likely occurred from snake bite. He said to achieve bruising that severe, it would have to be from some type of bite or trauma. He even said that it almost has to be a bite, he just can't find the actual bite mark.

With that being said, Milla received a cortisone shot in the rump, an extra week of her two antibiotics and a weeks worth of a steroid/pain reliever combo. It was such a relief to hear him say that! Man, the stress and worry from the past few days was some how lifted in an instant. This drive home was much, much less tense than the drive home Monday.

In other news, I ran in Walmart to grab a few things on the way home while LaVaughn and Milla stayed in the car. While I was in there I saw a bunch of things on the clearance table, a few things in particular really stood out to me. One of those things being Jimmy Choo perfume for $10! I got two of those, two tubes of roll-on Flower perfume, some One Direction spray and some Aveeno face cream. I got ALL of that for under $35, can you believe it? I love when I'm able to find amazing bargains like that.

I guess that's all for now...

-Megan






No comments: