In memory of my uncle Bill...

My uncle passed away over the weekend. He's been on hospice for 4 years now I think, so it was kind of expected. He was a fighter, though. Kept his wits about him up until the very end. I haven't spent much time with him as of late, but I did spend a lot of my childhood with my and my aunt Eva when my grandma lived next to them.

He used to work at the full service gas station in Frederickton -- I can still remember pulling up and seeing him sitting out front of the station, waving. He was also in the Army back in the 40s I believe. He's worked his entire life, he's had a hard life, but a meaningful one.

You will be forever missed and I am grateful that I'm called Bill Wallace when I talk due to the magnitude of my voice, it's an honor.

A picture of the store parking lot after the wake today.

No comments: