Monday, Monday...

So, today was the big day that we got to meet up with Doug and Kyan in Festus. Only downside is it was only I that got to see them. We got there 30 minutes early and, like clockwork, they were running behind. We spent 30 minutes or so walking around Joann's and admiring their amazing sale on no sew fleece throw -- 50% off!

If you're wondering, yes, we took advantage and spent more money than I care to admit.

Since we still had 45 minutes to spare before the boys arrived, we decided to head over to Walmart and do some shopping. We needed a few household items and some groceries, so we thought we could get that done before they even arrived. Well, since all the Christmas items were 50% off, that ended up occupying around 30 minutes of our time. It was no time before I got a message from Kyan telling me that they were at Joann's, waiting.

Since we had a cart full of stuff and weren't even in the market side, LaVaughn decided to stay with the cart and I would run over and meet the boys to deliver the girls. Not sure if you read my previous blog, but that's what today's meeting was all about -- Kyan is shipping two gliders for us Wednesday.

Anyways, I jetted over to Joann's, met up with the boys, walked around in there for 15 minutes while Kyan picked out fleece, went outside and talked for another 10 minutes, then sat in the back of their car and talked for an additional 30 minutes. I knew LaVaughn was probably steaming by then, so I quickly wrapped up our meeting and went back to the store.

It sucked to only get to see them for an hour -- I miss them so, so much. I'm hoping and praying Doug does get every Monday off soon. I have most Mondays off, so that would be a perfect day to meet up.

We quickly wrapped things up at Walmart and came home, which is where we are now. I'm exhausted and barely had the energy to feed the gliders, let alone myself. Now I need to rest and watch some Netflix, because we'll be back at it again tomorrow...

Stolen from my Insta:

Gorgeous drive there.

Our breathtaking Joann loot.

No comments: