Throwback Thursday...

I really, REALLY haven't been in the blogging mood for the past few days. Monday was my only day off between Friday and Tuesday and I spent it doing other things. Things like tending to guests, taking care of the critters, and putting together the rats' new cage!!

The cage arrived Saturday while I was at work -- like I knew it would -- so we didn't get around to actually putting it together until Monday evening/night. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough fabric to do the liners with, so we had to postpone putting them in it yet again. We ended up getting some scrap material from my aunt yesterday and finishing everything up then. And since the liners aren't sewn and only tucked, the ratties have already balled it up off to the side of the cage... like dicks. They've also destroyed a tab on one of their long hammocks. Sigh... They do love the cage, though, but I don't think they love it as much as I do.

It was so weird, because yesterday was the first time I had sewn in months! It felt weird, but it also felt normal. I ended up sewing almost 3 hammocks/bridges in 10 minutes... it was awesome.

LaVaughn and I got to go swimming for the first time this year (minus one other time a couple weeks ago that we dare not speak about), which was awesome! We tried out this one place that a co-worker of mine recommended, but it was a snake infested no-go, so we ended up going to old faithful.

A lot of the river has washed way, which covered up much of the deep section that was used for swimming. Probably 90% of the water -- and this is a BIG place -- is only waist deep, leaving a small section that's actually closer to your shoulders. Of course, that's where we chose. It wasn't as fun as it used to be, but it served the purpose.

Now if only I could talk my lake-fearing sister into swimming out at Bluff View.

My sister and I both had to call SO many places yesterday. I had to deal with calling people in regards to work, she had to call her insurance company and argue with them, then I had to fax well over 10 different documents to 2 different places. That was a nightmare! I'm just happy we have a fax machine at home, I couldn't imagine dealing with that in public.

Speaking of dealing with people, I've had to deal with kitten people twice now. Someone wanted Hannah and Matt Saturday. Since they were coming from the other side of Farmington, I decided to meet them in Ironton before work. It was horrible. They had a car filled with kids, a couple that sounded like high pitched demons, all of which terrified the kittens. Luckily, one of the girls seems to have some wits about her and told them to calm down. They're going to be indoor cats, which makes me happy. It didn't help that day, though. As soon as they left, the waterworks started. I had to stop myself quickly, because I had to start work in less than 30 minutes.

Then yesterday, a girl drove all the way from Piedmont and took Cora. She seemed really nice, though. She's also going to be an indoor car, which is awesome! We just have 3 left, the other little calico girl, Eloise, our black boy, Mason, and our little sweetie, Jasper. Still not sure what to do with him.

Kili leaves us next Saturday. We're meeting Lynsie in Festus, which is awesome -- I hate going to STL. I'm going to miss him, but it'll also be nice to give Kira and Logan a break from their joeys. A couple weeks after that, Fili will be shipped to Tracy via Taylor. We'll also be shipping Lucian that same week, or day. Then all we have left is Lestat. After we get him neutered, we'll meet his new mama in Illinois somewhere.

We'll have joeys again in no time, though, Charli has 1 IP and Kira has 2. Chloe will probably have a couple IP a couple weeks after her boys leave. We've noticed that she likes to wait until her joeys are weaned before she has more. She's nothing like her parents -- they have them back to back!

LaVaughn and I have been contemplating what to do with Neal, Violet, Cas, Declan, and Fiona. We were going to put Violet and Cas back together and leave the other three together, but we're not sure if we want to pair up Declan and/or Fiona yet. Neal is getting neutered no matter what, so he might end up moving back in with mom and dad if Cas will have him. That's IF we can get Cas and Violet back together. If not, we may end up letting Cas go to Kalie. I've also been contemplating letting Declan go live with a friend of ours up in Saint Louis, Cindy. She's like this really awesome, really sweet girl that loves her gliders to death, so I know he would be in good hands. I just don't know that I can part with him yet...

Speaking of gliders, I just made Pip another vet appointment for Monday. There's something up with his teeth, he has tartar or calcium build up, or something. I'm praying that he doesn't have Periodontal disease. We'll know more Monday when she sedates him to get a better look.

Oh, do you remember that big mess with the Harry Potter coins last week? Well after I showed the guy all of the pictures I took, he acknowledged how bad they were and said he would give us a full refund, all the while keeping all of the crappy coins. He hasn't yet, so I'm not sure that he will, but he might.

Alright, well I guess I better get off of here for a while. I was doing good and being extremely productive before I started blogging. I managed to clean out the old rat cage, clean the kittens littler box, feed them, start laundry, AND let the chickens out all in under 30 minutes... I was on a roll.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Assembling the Critter Nation cage:








Fili & Kili:
















Lucian & Lestat: 













The Critter Nation rat cage all decked out:



No comments: