Beyond here lies nothing...

I am such an idiot. Not even that, what's worse? Imbecile... that's it!

Last night, I was sitting around giving myself a manicure -- like I've done a million other times -- then out of nowhere, BAM! Down goes the acetone, all over the PS4 controller. I quickly grabbed it and proceeded to wipe of the poisonous elixir. When I looked down at my hand, I noticed that I had black all over my hand. That only meant one thing... it was coming from the controller. I knew then that I was screwed.

All I could do was sit there and watch it eat through the controller, completely helpless to its effects. It only took like 30 seconds for it to dry, that's when I decided to see how bad the damage actually way.

For starters, the R2 was completely covered and stuck, but I was able to push down on that and get it to work. Actually, the R1, R2, and L1 were all semi-stuck, all of which functioned properly after moving them. The O was also stuck, badly I might add. It took lots of work to get it to work again. The touch pad was really, really muffed up, but I somehow managed to get it to work as well. The thing that's most screwed up -- aside from the appearance -- is the options and share button, I could NOT get those to work again, they're just too stuck.

LaVaughn and I both knew we were screwed, so I swallowed my pride and bought a new controller from Walmart using their Pick Up Today selection. It KILLED me to drop $60 on a controller that I screwed up. I cried and complained about it all night, all the while LaVaughn telling me to shut up, basically. I mean, no, I didn't do it on purpose, but it was still MY fault and I still feel like an idiot.

We drove to town today and picked it up, stopping by Casey's before we got there to place and pizza order. Since we had 35 minutes to wait, we decided to spend our time looking at, you guessed it, MORE nail polish! I seriously just stopped by Dollar General and bought a white and orange, but we still ended up leaving with a yellow and a gorgeous teal color. We also found some clearance Taylor Swift perfume. Not sure why, but it was marked down to $7 from $20, it was a must have. It smells awesome too, so that was a major bonus.

Back to the controller, since I saw auctions on ebay for used PS4 controllers with obvious flaws, I decided to go ahead and list the one I ruined and see if anyone is interested in it. I started the bid at $15, so we'll see how it goes.

Now, I'm going to go un-box our new controller and cry over the fact that we had to spend $60 on it. Boohoo, I want to die. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Check out what kind of damage 1/3 cup of acetone can do to a plastic PS4 controller:  







It's so hideous.



While I was finishing up nail trims a little while ago, LaVaughn managed to get some new pictures of the joeys...

Petra:



















Avery:













Harper:




















Our new Wonderstruck Taylor Swift perfume:


And our new Ice nail polish:


And lastly, the PS4 controller:


No comments: