Time to catch my breath...

Wow, what a day we had! Yesterday was one of the longest and most car-riding/driving filled days I've had in a long time! Thankfully, everything went well -- I really had my doubts at some points -- and our babies arrived on time, safe and sound!

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible, considering the long day we had. We met Doug at Lowe's about 10 minutes from his house (in the heart of STL) and followed him back. He knew we were get lost trying to find our way to his house, so he offered to meet us. While we were waiting on him to arrive, I got a panicked message from Shannon (who we got our creme girl from) saying we had to be at the cargo building by no later than 4! She told me baggage when she first booked the flight, but she was wrong. I called Untied Baggage, they were absolutely no help, then had to call the cargo building. Long story short, we did have to be there by 4 to get her, but someone was going to be there until 5 and we were able to make it on time!

Since we had over 2 hours to go before the arrival of our BFBB boy, we decided to go back to Doug and Kyan's in the mean time. I felt TERRIBLE that they had to drive to the airport twice, it sucked. Back at their house, we got to see all their gliders and even trimmed everyone's nails for them. It was time well spent and I had a blast!

We left just after 6 and headed back to the airport. We had to go inside the airport to baggage claim to get this boy. Luckily Kyan did all the talking -- he even went right to where we had to go, he's a life saver! We all had to stand in the baggage office for 30 minutes waiting on someone to bring him up from the plane. Naturally, the baggage from the Denver flight (the one he was on) was delayed and everyone was waiting on their luggage.

We went back to their house and stayed for a little while longer before we had to leave. We left with two new additions, but had to leave one. Our little boy, Pietro. :( Christina picked him up from their house last night after we left. I was not okay parting with him, he's such a sweet and lovable boy. I feel like I'm betraying him by leaving him there. He's in good hands, don't get me wrong, but it's not the same... he should be here with us.

With that being said, I am on cloud 9 and feel unbelievably blessed to have two gorgeous and amazingly sweet babies! They really are two of the sweetest gliders we've ever brought into our home that haven't been crabby. Tracy told be how sweet Zorro's babies were -- I was also told that from two other people that have his siblings -- and she was 100% right! He's an angel! This little creme girl is super, super sweet too. It's like night and day from the creme girls we got from Tracy. It almost doesn't seem real!

I'm obsessively holding them, starting at them, carrying them around, and then some. It's safe to say I'm OBSESSED with them! I love them so much and want to soak up as much time with them as I can before I have to return to work tomorrow. Sigh... work.

We've already thought of two really cute names, Ginny and Oliver. They're very normal and fitting. We've never been one to name our animals anything other than something you would name a human, Pip aside. But he is named after Pippin, while not a human, but Hobbit instead. Close enough to a human in my book. Anyways, so Ginny and Oliver it is! :)

On that note, I want to spend as much time as I can not on the computer or social media. I know, impossible! I will try, though.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from Sunday before we departed:

Pietro's travel supplies.

The last pictures I took of Pietro with the camera:




He's so cute. I'm going to miss him SO much. :(





Pictures from today. Everyone say hello to Ginny and Oliver:





Look at how dark and gorgeous he is!



This little girl is impossible to get a picture of.

No comments: