Garden Update (4th of July Edition)

Happy 4th of July everyone!

It feels like it's been ages since I've talked about the garden. A lot of that has to do with me not taking any photos of the garden, which is my own doing because it's usually too hot in the evenings to even worry about. There's lots going on, lots of blooming and some new sprouts. Forgive me if I've talked about this in a previous post, but I did recently plant 20+ yellow watermelon seeds. Well, not recently cause I don't remember exactly when I did and if I'm being honest I'm posting this blog super late and just backdating.

Anyways, we have LOADS of tomatoes growing, but only some of the orange cherry tomatoes actually ripening up. We also have lots of different pepper varieties that are ripe for the picking and even eggplants! Yes, those tiny little plants that I rescued from Rozier's are finally getting eggplants on them, which is super exciting. Not sure how I'm gonna cook them or if I even like them anymore, but I'm excited none the less.

Our okra plants are also getting HUGE! Like I wasn't expecting them to be this tall and have such a thick stalk, but they really do look awesome. I'm not sure when they'll start getting okra, but it should be any day now.

I took all these pics Friday and then went for a walk later that evening and took several photos after I was done. It was really hot and I was kind of rushing, but I didn't manage to get a few decent photos I think. It's been so long since I've just walked around the yard and taken photos. I can't wait until the weather cools off some and I'm able to do that daily. 

Aside from gardening and photo taking, we've also started canning. We've already got several zucchini and cucumbers, so canning is a must. We plants a literal wall of cucumber and an almost equal amount of zucchini. Canned zucchini are the absolute best, at least to me, lol.

Well, it is the 4th and there's lots of BBQ to be made, so I'm going to stop for now. I hope everyone has a happy and save holiday!

Some canning aesthetic for your enjoyment. 

The pepper plant that I've been babying for months now, lol.

Two of the eggplants!! I'm SO proud of them, lol.

Kinda awkward angle, but at least you can see them.

Eggplant blossoms are beautiful - there's also a tiny bug if you want to view it large.

The beautifully blossomed cabbage.

Corn stalks.

One of the giant okra leaves.

Delicious banana peppers.

These are giant marconi. They're supposed to eventually turn red.

Orange cherry tomatoes - delish!

Several green tomatoes.

More tomato sprouts.

And tiny tomato hairs.

Some beautiful Queen Anne's Lace overlooking the lake.

I know Queen Anne's Lace is a weed, but they're a stunning weed.

Yes, this is two beetles mating.

I really wish they weren't mating because they're so beautiful, but I couldn't waste the photo-op.

I get real close to these Chrysochus Auratus beetles, aka Dogbane beetles.

Last closeup of the iridescent bettles.

An old wooden gate up the road from us.

Of course, I found a spider.

Sickening spiders.

I'm not sure if this is an ant or not, but I love this macro picture of this bug in a flower.

More Queen Anne's Lace.

More Dogbane beetles mating.

I swear it's only cause they're beautiful, lol.

Purple weeds.

And lastly, our nations flag. Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: