I want to fly like and eagle...

Believe it or not, this post actually has something to do with an eagle! LaVaughn and I were headed to the next town over so that I could go to my 3:30 interview. Yes, I had an interview -- which I'll discuss at a later time. The route to the town we were going to is very scenic. Lots of tall trees, mountains and lakes! It's actually a very pretty drive. As we were driving along, being as silent as mice, LaVaughn looks out the window and points:

"Dude, I think that was an eagle!"

I replied, "Are you sure!?"

Still not 100% sure, I turned at the nearest road and headed back towards the stop that she pointed out. As we drove closer, sure enough -- an eagle! It looked so beautiful sitting up on the tree limb. My natural instincts kicked in and made me reach for the camera that was in the backseat. I had LaVaughn take the wheel while I rolled down my window and began shooting.

We were still too far away for me to get a decent photo, so I pulled up to the lake next to where the eagle was sitting. LaVaughn and I quickly made our way out of the car, and as close to the eagle as we could get without scaring the beautiful bird away! I nabbed quite a few pictures, then I handed the camera to LaVaughn. She caught several good photos - including an in flight photo!

Apparently this was a mated pair of eagles, because after one flew off of the branch, it caught the attention of a different eagle, causing them to both fly around. The other eagle ended up perching in nearly the same spot as the one before. So all of the photos are of not one, but two beautiful birds!

Love & Peace

-Megan


 Eagles are such majestic looking creatures.


 Probably the best photo of an eagle I'm ever going to get. He's looking right at the camera!




 Here's where they were all stirred up.


 This was the other eagle.



 Here's the beautiful photo of the eagle in flight!


 Sitting so beautifully.



 Frozen lake crust.

 It was very pretty, for some odd reason.

Uh oh -- the ice is starting to crack!

No comments: