Parting is such sweet sorrow...

As much as I hate to say it, Stacie's gliders are all back in her possession now. We met in Farmington - as always - and dropped them off. It's going to be so weird not feeding them tonight! I got so used to feeding 5 different cages, now I'm back down 4.

When Stacie and Justin pulled into McDonald's, she rolled her window down and asked if we would mind following them over to Dairy Queen so that they could get something to eat. Of course, we said yes.

She said that we could look at all the pictures they took while they ate -- probably because I begged her to take loads of photos of the trip so that I could live through her. So we followed them inside and sat with them while they ate. Neither of us being DQ fans, we decided to skip on the grub. Instead, we sat like happy little voyeurs at the table while they ate. We were in DQ for about 30 minutes, chatting about their trip and the gliders. Good times.

We we finished, we all said out goodbyes and parted ways. I had my eyes fixated on The Family Center that was just across the way (they have baby ducks!). LaVaughn and I got seated in the car and was ready to go. Unfortunately, our plans to go anywhere were shot when the CAR WOULDN'T START!! Ugh! I was so bummed and completely stressing out. The phone was 10 shades of dead, so I knew calling someone was out of the question. Luckily, Justin was outside and noticed he distressed look on our faces.

Justin, being the awesome little car guru that he is, checked everything out for us and gave us a jump. He said that it was probably just dirt cables that needed to be clean. Go Justin! I love you!!

We were too freaked to turn the car off, so we weren't able to hit up the family center for any ducks. Yes, that is a BIG boohoo for me! Oh well, they were probably all sold anyway.

Aside from all this exciting news, I have some news that can top everything! Kira and Logan's joeys detached last night!! *happy dance* They actually detached early this morning, around 3AM. They are just the cutest little things ever! It's been SO long since they've given us a mo. It's actually been over a year! Drake was their last mo.

I decided to ask their new mom what she wanted to name them instead of naming them something else and then renaming them in a couple weeks. She decided to name them, Simba and Nala. Not something I would choose, but it's still pretty cute.

In equally exciting news... we FINALLY managed to get Cas and Violet together!! They just sniffed around on each other and acted like it was no big deal. They slept in separate pouches last night, so I guess there wont be any sleepovers for a while. LaVaughn carried them around in a bonding pouch a little while ago and they did fairly good. They each stayed in opposite corners, with Cas crabbing on occasion. Violet did make her way over to him at one point and even sat on top of him. Hopefully this time next week they're inseparable!

As excited as I am about the two of them being together, I'm extremely bummed that Chloe is alone now. :( She hates Cas now and wants nothing to do with him, so we're basically screwed. We were wanting to leave all three of them together for another month or two, but I don't know how that will work. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I can't remember what the last thing I said about getting a ley boy from Annette was. Well, my friends, her pair had twin leus!! One boy and one girl!! So, if all goes well, we'll be adding a little leu boy to our family in about 6-7 weeks. I'm SO excited!! :D

Okay, I suppose I've rambled enough for now.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the twin mosaic joeys!


Nala



Simba







Nala



Simba






Nala




Cas and Violet, snuggled up in the bonding pouch:



You can just tell how offended he his, but aren't they so cute together? :)

No comments: