Beck's Tree Farm - 2016 Edition

We made it to our favorite tree farm on opening day this year. Surprisingly, the farm wasn't as busy as one would imagine it to be. Much busier than last year, but it was like 30 degrees last year and we were the only other people there aside from one couple that was leaving. It could be that they didn't have as many trees to choose from this year. But like I said, it's opening day and Black Friday, so I'm sure a lot of people were out shopping.

we browsed through a couple trees before LaVaughn and I my uncle found a really nice looking "fluffy" tree. My uncle kept commenting on how different it looked and how soft it was. He even picked it up to see how it looked. It really was pretty and tall, man that tree was tall. And full! It was so full that you couldn't see just how crooked the base of it was.

One of the employees finally made his was over to another couple next to us and my uncle was finally able to ask him what kind of tree it was. "A white pine!" he shouted. My uncle then began to ask him all about it. My aunt and I were reluctant to jump on the first nice looking tree, especially one that had such flimsy branches.

Since both my uncle and LaVaughn loved it so, we decided on it without further hesitation.

The inside of the small building where you paid for the tree had been completely gutted. This was one of the highlights last year as they had dozens of decorations and ornaments inside to choose from. They also had free coffee and hot cocoa, along with popcorn and a wood stove. They had none of that this year, which was a big disappointment.

We made it to Walmart shortly after to brave the Black Friday crowds, or what was left of them. LaVaughn and I went last night when Black "Friday" was in full swing. Aside from being more crowded than usual, it wasn't too bad. We left there with a gift for Shawna, the girl I work with, and something that my uncle wanted me to pick up for my aunt.

I made the mistake of riding in the backseat of my aunt and uncle's truck today. I paid for it too, I'm actually still paying for it. I get so, so sick when I'm in the backseat of vehicles. It's only gotten worse since I got older. Oh well, it's over and done now, no need to complain.

We were all too tired to decorate the tree tonight, so that will come tomorrow... AFTER I get home from work. Fun, fun.

Here are a fraction (24) of the nearly 70 pictures that I took today. Hope you enjoy!


The drive there:



The welcome sign:
(kinda crappy, but I was in the backseat)


They had this last year as well, I believe.

Pretty nice selection.

Others, not so much.


Have to have a portrait, of course.

I made him laugh right before this. :)

These are the White Pine trees.

See that tall one? That's the one they were after.

Personally, I like these.

Also a fair bit of people there today.

The employee -- slightly odd man.

Look how wide this thing it!

And tall! My uncle stands at 6'!

This guy could not get a good grip.

And he wouldn't even let my uncle help.

So off he went.

Surprisingly enough, they had pumpkins! They even had their own pumpkin field.

Packaging our tree:


This is one of my favorite things.

Love pictures like this.

I think I got one like this last year too.

That's all, folks! Hope you enjoyed our tree farm adventures this year. :)

No comments: