Get up, come on get down with the sickness...

My cold (bronchitis, pneumonia, upper respiratory infection!?) took a turn for the worst Friday night. This horrible hacking cough came over me around 9:00 Friday night and didn't leave my side until well into the morning, probably close to 5AM. By that time, my poor throat was pulverized.

By the time I got up Saturday -- probably around 1ish, maybe later -- I could barely swallow, let alone talk. I couldn't have been more thankful that I didn't have to work that day. Luckily my poor butchered throat began to recover some throughout the day.

Sunday... ah yes, we can't forget about Sunday! Not only did I feel like complete shit when I woke up, but I looked the part too! I didn't feel like showering when I woke up -- I know, I'm disgusting -- but I was able to at least wash my hair. That still doesn't alter the fact that my face looked like something of nightmares.

I believe Brandie even mentioned that I looked like shit.

Work was not easy, it was quite horrible, actually. I continuously coughed and hacked and coughed. Several people asked if I was going to make it. My reply each time, "I don't think so." There were a couple times when this same old man from the lobby kept stretching his old, withered neck and looking back at me every time I would cough. Yeah, I know I sound like I'm dying, why don't you come back here and tell my boss to send me home?

I had about an hour left when I had a horrible coughing fit and nearly chocked to death. Then, and only then, did they decide to send me home. They got as much out of me as humanly possible.

Since we're actually doing shit up royal for Christmas this year, my uncle decides (last minute!) that he wants to buy some things for his wife. So what does he do? Well he enlists the help of LaVaughn and myself of course. He can't fight the holiday crowds alone now, can he?

So as soon as he gets back from his trip, we're going Christmas shopping... yay.

Tomorrow, my mom, step-dad, aunt, uncle, and of course, LaVaughn will all be under the same roof for 24 hours! O.o It would be so bad if select people weren't going to be here, but I'm not going to name names. I just hope we're able to survive this Christmas and actually enjoy a fraction of it.

And on that note, I'm out! Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

No comments: