Around the world in 5 hours... or less?

For the first time in a very long time, LaVaughn and I were actually able to take a LEISURELY drive to Poplar Bluff! It's been nearly a year - far too long in my opinion - since we've been there. And the last time we were there, if I remember correctly, we were nearly flooded out and had our aunt with us. It wasn't a bad day, of course, but it was a weird one to say the least.

Of course, we stopped by Pets-R-Us first. Not only is it first on the drive through PB, but it was 5:30 and they close at 6:00, so it's not like we had much of a choice. After we walked in, I was kind of wishing we hadn't made it in time. There were SO many people in there! That's not the only reason though, the new people they had working there were the main reason.

This one chick - who looked to be about 16 - followed LaVaughn around and asked her about her lip ring. All the while sneaking a flirt in here and there. That really made my day, lol. She didn't bother us too much after that, it was the other chick that really bothered us. She looked a little older than the one, but not by much. She followed us ALL over! I wanted to kill her!

Of course, we were walking around admiring the animals and I, like always, had the camera attached to my hand snapping a few pictures. It's not like I could get a lot of good ones though, I was being interrupted everywhere I went!

The older looking chick was like, "Do you want to hold anything?" LaVaughn replied, jokingly I might add, "Yeah, everything!" Then the girl was like, "I can let you hold 3 things." We both shrugged it off and said no thanks. That was just very annoying. It wasn't long after that, that we left.

Of course, when first walked in, LaVaughn spotted 3 puppies! She was like, "Awe, they're so cute, I want one so bad!" I was just like, "Meh." And walked away. I was actually following the sound of a mowing kitten. And as I walked up to the kitten room, I saw the most beautiful seal point kitten ever!! And he was so, so sweet. He kept meowing and rubbing on the glass, it was pitiful. I'm butter when it comes to kittens.

They wanted $75 for each dog AND the cat! It was unbelievably expensive! Pet stores are so good at ripping people off. After all that fun, we decided to leave.

It was then that we headed to Petsway.

Petsway is basically the same. They had the same animals, same stuff, and same oblivious staff. At least no one bothered us there! For some odd reason, we found ourselves at the parakeet cage fondling all the parakeets. Well, that was mostly me, but whatevs. We stared at them for a good 10 minutes before we fooled around with the idea of getting one. And why we did that, I'll never know! We both hate pet birds!

I'm serious though, we walked around for at least 20 minutes just pondering the idea of getting a parakeet! What the hell!? I seriously have no idea why. Luckily, we finally came to our senses and decided against it.

After that, we grabbed the rats a chew toy and left.

We were both pretty hungry by then, so we hopped across the street to Wendy's and nabbed one of their new Pretzel Bacon Burgers. We didn't want their fries or a drink, so we just stuck with the burger. The single had a price tag of just over $5 per burger, so we decided to make it a double for just under a dollar more. The grand total... $14!! For TWO burgers! I wanted to start screaming and speed out of the parking lot, but I thought that might look a little odd. Plus we both really wanted to try one, but holy shit that was expensive! Never again, never again. They were good though. ;)

After that, we stopped by McDonald's and grabbed some fries and a drink. Then we decided to head home.

Which leads me to now! And man am I happy to be home! It was nice to get out of the house for a while, and not just to run errands or go grocery shopping. It was just a nice day out on the town, lol.

Okay, now for even MORE exciting news... WE ORDERED TWO NEW HQ CAGES TODAY!! Omg, you have NO idea how excited I am about this! We've wanted new cages for SO long! After we get the rest of the money for Avan, we're ordering two more! Before long, we'll have all our babies in HQ cages!

Okay, I believe that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pets-R-Us



Beautiful seal point kitten.





Warrior gerbils!



Sleeping ferrets.





"S'up?"








Petsway

So many parakeets!







Crappy sugar glider food.

A sugar glider leash... ugh!



$17 for that pouch!!








The Drive Home

Here's the new Wendy's Pretzel Burger. Not bad!


Lost highway.




Such a beautiful sunset.

No comments: