Holiday Recap - 2015 Edition...

Wow, this is all so new to me! It's been two weeks since my last blog and I have to say, I've kind of enjoyed the absence. It was so nice to not worry about blogging every single night between whatever it is that I had to do. Now when my normal blog time arrives, I take a shower and read, simple as that. It's just a nice time for me to escape, I love it.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it just a tiny bit. After all, I've been doing this for over 7 years now! It's become part of who I am.

I left off on the 14th, which was two Mondays ago. I worked the following Tuesday, then LaVaughn had an early mini birthday celebration for me on Wednesday night. Nothing fancy, just her giving me my gifts. She did so well -- she got me Vol. 4 of The Walking Dead, a slouch hat and scarf, and some Loreal mascara that I've been wanting for quite some time.

The following day I had to go to town and get my license renewed, not fun! The lady that I had was such a dick. My picture turned out horrible -- it looks like a mugshot! At least I'm good for another 6 years. We went to Poplar bluff that evening as well. It was one of the best days out I've had in a while. We didn't do much, but it was so much fun.

Friday I sewed, Saturday I worked then Sunday rolled around. Oh what a day! Not only was it my birthday, but it was the day my aunt and uncle were getting baptized. I've been anticipating this day for weeks. We had to go to bed early Saturday night and be up no later than 10. We both ended up waking up at like 9:30, so it's whatever. We went to church that morning, watched them get baptized, then we headed to Poplar Bluff, which was a horribly wasted trip! So weird and just not fun. I think sleep deprivation had something to do with it.

My aunt and uncle wanted us to go to church that evening as well if we made it back in time. We made it back by 5:30, but I so didn't feel like going. LaVaughn ended up going, I stayed home, fed the gliders, and read some of The Walking Dead. I was alone for over 2 hours -- not fun. When that was over my aunt wanted to present my cake to me, which she did.

Overall is was an okay, but weird day. It didn't even remotely seem like my birthday (not that I cared), it was kind of just an afterthought. I was so unbelievably happy when Monday rolled around.

Monday was spent doing some last minute Christmas shopping for everyone. Tuesday I sewed, then we visited with Angie's mom and son -- they delivered my birthday gift from Angie, plus loads of baked goods. We also got like 5 packages in the mail, which was awesome. We got comics, LaVaughn's hair applicator thing, Orange is the New Black season one and two on bluray, and our Paypal business card, which we were approved for, yay!

Nothing happened Wednesday and Thursday afternoon was spent prepping food for Christmas dinner the following day. Judy and Bob arrived around 3ish, which was so unbelievably awkward. Bob was in such a sour mood, he basically ruined the day. After I finished cleaning the rat cage, drop trays and vacuuming the glider room, we all sat around the table and talked (excluding silent Bob). We started opening presents around 6:30, then retired to our den with all of our goodies for the rest of the night.

Not bragging, but I got a lot of awesome things. Aside from movies and clothes, my favorite items were: wireless blutooth speaker, Walking Dead comics, the Jelly Pop boots I wanted, and an awesome Burt Bees set.

Christmas day was so, so, so weird. LaVaughn and I arrived shortly after everyone ate -- just in time to see Judy and Bob get into a fight because apparently Bob is a 10 year old girl. Can you believe he got mad because no one commented on his new shirt that he was wearing?! I'm so not going into it, but get the majority of what happened. LaVaughn and I ate, then our aunt Nancy and cousin Trina stopped by with Trina's new baby, Jett. That's a can of worms that I do not want to open on my blog. It's just too messy.

I worked Saturday and Sunday, which I hated and here we are today. LaVaughn and I just got back from town a little while ago where we made bank at the store with their half priced Christmas items. Next years theme for the tree is going to be blue and silver! It's going to be amazing! Pics are at the bottom, which hundreds of others from the past couple weeks. Well, I may just upload a hand full instead of THAT many, not sure yet.

So that's a recap of my wildly interesting holiday season this year. I hope yours was as plentiful and entertaining as mine...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pics from Tues the 15th to Fri the 18th:

Taking pictures on my break at work.

Love the cards hanging by the garland.

Out of focus Christmas Tree picture for the win!

My birthday goodies from LaVaughn.


Driving to Poplar Bluff.

Lap cat.

Charli and Tyler.

They're too cute.

Cats love boxes.

Pictures from Sunday the 20th:

My uncle, Gene.

My aunt, Sharon.



Gift bags full of snacks.

The preacher, Steve.

Gene and his buddy, Steve, that drove over from Cape.

This is Verle, one of my favorite people at church.


This kid sung a song he wrote himself.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

The family of singers.

After their baptism.

Getting hugged by everyone.

My birthday cake.

And lastly, my awesome new Batman earrings that I adore.

Pictures from Monday the 21st to Wed the 23rd:

Chloe and her brood.

Plus her soon to be OOP babies.





More gifts!

Packages in the mail - best thing ever!

The cage set I sewed.

Milla's mini-Christmas session.




One of the last shots of the tree.


The door frame.

Counter.

The other door frame.

Balls on the tree.

All the gifts. Well, some of them.

The triplets.

Paypal debit card!

A cookie Rose made me -- Angie's daughter.




Orange Is The New Black season 1 and 2 on bluray.

Walking Dead lighters.

A cross necklace of my grandpas that my aunt gave me.

The tree and presents.

A mini Ginny and Oliver Session-







Pictures from Christmas Eve:


Bart is a house favorite.

Just look at that face though!

Such a flirt.

Contemplating.

Say what?

Cleaning all the drop trays.




Cake time!

Judy Carol.

She would kill me is she knew I used her middle name.

As you can tell he's tired of having his picture taken.

Bob wouldn't even look at me... like a prick.

Mmm, caramel!


Haha!

Here it is, kids.

Chocolate turtle cake.





A clean rat cage is a happy rat cage.

My Walking Dead comics. LOVE THEM!

Shoqbox wireless speaker.

Burt's Bees set.

Assassins Creed Unity.

My new Batman pants and my new socks.

And lastly, my Jurassic Park shirt.

Pictures from Christmas:

The tree is so bare.





Time for baby cuteness-




My aunt, Nancy.

My cousin, Trina.


This picture is priceless.





Look at that face!






Such a sweet faced boy.





He was totally eyeballing me while I was holding him.



And lastly, the gliders Xmas feast.

Now, pictures from the weekend and today:

Nosy Norman.

Poor Chloe is so huge.

Rainy drive to work Saturday.


Such a foggy day Saturday.


Is this not something out of a horror movie?


Canned... BOLOGNA??

My avengers pants. Woop woop!

And Sunday was no better.

Our half priced Christmas finds from today-

Blue and silver snowflakes!!

Gorgeous silver tinsel garland.

Blue and silver balls.

More balls -- love them all!





Look at that TRUE PLATINUM MOSAIC!!!!!




And lastly, The Sims 4 Get Together!


No comments: