Dead in the water...

As exhausted as we still were yesterday evening, we still ended up going to town. We were too dead to stop anywhere Tuesday evening, so we just put everything off. Luckily, we just needed a few necessities, the rest was just see and grab type of things.

Believe it or not, 90% of those things were for our rats! We've been looking at all kinds of homemade rat toys online, so we decided to give some of them a try. We ended up winging the majority of everything we made, but that was half the fun.

After we returned home, goodies in hand, we made a few toys, then gave the rat's cage a nice deep cleaning. All of their fleecy items were dirty at the time, so they didn't have their double hammock and long hammocks, but they had so much else to keep them occupied, I don't think they even noticed.

In package news, we received our MRE today. In a word... awesome! We ordered the chili mac sauce stuff, which pairs famously with pizza -- which we were having for dinner -- so we decided to go ahead and give it a try. I recorded a video of it, but who knows when I'll get that uploaded. The flameless ration heater did what it says it would do and heated the MRE. It didn't get as warm as I would have liked, but that's our own fault for not letting it cook longer. Forgive us for being impatient and not being able to contain our excitement.

I definitely see more MRE's in our future!

We also got our suture kits today. Before your mind starts running 100s of ideas through your head, I'm going to go ahead and stop you and explain exactly WHY we received suture kits in the mail. It's pretty simple actually, they're for our bug-out bags. Or survival kits, whatever you want to call them. Part of me... who am I kidding, all of me wants to call it a Z-Day kit, but I'm going to keep myself grounded. Plus, I don't want to scare away what few readers I have. Unless you're just as paranoid as I am (wink, wink).

LaVaughn's huge lot of E.L.F. makeup arrived today. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen so much makeup in one box, lol. She did get a lot of nice stuff, though. Some stuff that I may even steal myself.

Now all I need is my violin. Ah yes, my beautifully stringed instrument. I hope picking up the violin for the first time is like me holding a camera, which is the most comfortable and effortless thing I can do/use. I hope it comes as easy to me as the piano did. Not that it came easy, but, you know.

Okay, I believe that's all for now. I still feel like I'm in a dream and get exhausted if I think too fast. I think I need another 10 hours of sleep. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Photos from last night:

A light-up ball we bough. It's given us hours of priceless fun.

Box of rat goodies.

Dude, childhood flashback! Tell me you remember the Magic Grow dinosaurs!? I've 'planted' one in a glass, but he hasn't grown very large as of yet. It says 400% larger in just a few short hours, but I'm thinking it's going to be like a few short days. Even with their faults, I still love them.

Eggs filled with goodies for the rats!


The rats' Easter box of fun.

Their temp cage set up.

Hanging Peeps.

A roll of toilet paper for endless hours of rat fun.




Peeps made them thirsty!

See how desperate they are?





Emilie was the first to brave the box.








Look at that face, Milla wants a Peep too.


This was when he was first dropped into the water.

He hasn't gotten much bigger today.

Zoe is such a princess. She has to be hand fed.


Photos from today:

LaVaughn's E.L.F. loot.

Shattered eye shadow... not fun.

Look at all them goodies!


Her brush set, that she loves.


Our suture kits in the box.

Aren't they awesome!?

Our MRE main course.

The flameless MRE heater.

The actual package of food.

No comments: