Superbowl Snow Day!

Today was one of those double-take type of days...

I woke up, went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, like any other day that I wake up. I walked from the bathroom, through the kitchen, and all the way over to the kitchen table where I proceeded to turn my computer on. I started walking back through the kitchen when I noticed a white glare to my left. I looked for a split second, then proceeded walking. That's when I stopped myself, rushed over to the kitchen window, and saw it... snow!

This wasn't just a light dusting of snow either, it was all over the place and showing no signs of letting up. After that it was inevitable... I was going to have to call out.

I know they're probably all thinking I called out due to the Superbowl, but that's not the case. I'm actually not even planing on watching the Superbowl! Even though, I have my sights set on the Broncos for the win. I'm not a Seahawks fan -- never have been, so I'm hoping like hell they get the game handed to them.

I would probably be watching the game right if said guest wasn't at our house. It's a long story.

Anywho, so yeah, no work for me today. I'm actually not looking forward to missing out on the pay, considering all my days are so short now. I was supposed to work from 4-8:15. I kid you not, 4-8:15. Aren't those some interesting hours? I'd like to know how staying til 8:15 (catch the Lost reference?) is going to help them out. Now 8:30, sure, but those are just some massively weird hours. So anyways, it's not like I'm missing out on much pay to begin with, so I'll stop complaining.

We're (hopefully) going to be meeting up with Taylor a week from today. Her boys are eating well on their own now and ready to move into a place of their own, without mom and dad. It's probably a good thing anyways, Chloe will probably have more babies IP before too much longer.

I'm so badly going to miss those little boys...

I am looking forward to meeting up with Taylor, though. not to mention, we're meeting up in Festus. You all know what's in Festus, right? Joann's! Yes, the beloved fabric store that will catch the heart of any seamstress. I'm hoping for some awesome deals and awesome fleece choices.

We'll probably stop by Petsmart too, but it's such a small and creepy place, I wouldn't care if we didn't get to stop by. Now we lets just hope we don't get all the winter weather that we're supposed to over the weekend.

I guess that's all for now. It's getting late and I desperately want to check the Superbowl scores. My fingers are crossed for the Broncos! Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

See all of the beautiful snow!


Milla does not approve of this weather...


This is her sad face.

No comments: