I am a disgrace to the music world...

I feel like such a failure right now. Words can't express how disappointed I am with myself. Luckily, I have justifiable ways to prove why I did what.

You remember that awesome Mendini violin I bought a couple weeks ago, the one that I JUST got Friday? Well... I sold it. I know, I'm a pathetic waste of human and, I'm not sure, but I think Antonio Vivaldi is turning over in his grave as we speak. Like I said, I can justify my actions, even if some may not agree with me. I'm just happy I was able to sell the violin for exactly what I paid for it.

1) I have absolutely NO idea how to handle a stringed instrument. Especially one as complex as a violin. Still, that's not a good excuse as to why I would give up so easily. I was in the same boat with the piano, although it's a much more simple instrument to learn, but I still managed to learn how to play on my own. It would have been so much easier if I had someone close to me that was a skilled violin played and could at least show me the basics.

2) Which brings me to number 2! I'm going to do things right next time around and take lessons. I know it's going to be a bitch to drive up to Saint Louis once a week, but it'll be fun and something worth doing. Since lessons are so late in the evening, LaVaughn and I are just going to stay in a hotel.

3) This is probably the most important... I need to buy a GOOD violin! Believe me, I'm no expert when it comes to violins and the quality of the instrument, but it doesn't take a genius to realize how cheaply made the Mendini violin is. After all, I got that entire package for $60. Violin, bow, case, rosin, extra strings (two of which I had to use), tuner, and extra bridge. I read all over online that you should never buy a violin that costs less than $300. I guess they were right.

So, conclusion time... lessons, violin, lessons, practice, practice, practice!! I'm going to do things right the next time around cause, lets face it, playing the violin is a dream of mind! It's something I'm not fully giving up on and something I will still accomplish.

Okay, in non-violin news, I managed to get so freakishly adorable picture of not only Margie today, but Zoe as well. I took Zoe's first, because she was just being so cute. She was laying in the glider room, sunbathing with not a care in the world. She wasn't too happy about having the camera shoved in her face, but she knows by not that it does her no good to run from me.

After we cleaned (and by clean I mean soaked and scrubbed in the bath) the bottom grates on the cages, cleaned all the wheels, zip-tied all the wheels, and changed all the pouches, I then decided to get some pictures of Margie. All of which are to die for. Not bragging, of course, but they just turned out so damn cute!

It's time to feed the crew, cats and gliders alike. Not to mention, we still have to feed ourselves, so I guess I better wrap this up. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Zoe's close-up:


She loves exploring the glider room.


Look at that beautiful face! Black and white cats are the best!




She also looks evil at times.



She looks like Smaug.









And now for Margie's close-up:



Is this face not to die for!?




She is just too precious.





I love sugar glider joeys.

No comments: