Mid-January Snow Storm

As I'm sure most of the Midwest knows this by now, but a considerable snow storm ripped through Southeast Missouri last night leaving thousands without power - including us. Thank God that it's back on today, but it has flashed off a couple times leaving me with lingering anxiety that it's going to go off again. There are still people close to us that have no power, so we're one of the lucky ones, which I'm undeniably thankful for. 

I documented most of the snowfall on my phone, which I'll share Friday, but I did take my camera and wide-angle Tokina lens to the front door to try and capture a better photo of just how much snow was hanging on the trees. It was a very dense, heavy snow which is why there were so many power outages last night. I'm just thankful ours is back on and pray to God that it stays that way.

Here are some pics of the heavy snowfall on the trees:


See how immensely heavy the snow was on the trees?

The snow covered weeping willow looks haunting.

Not gonna lie, all of the trees look kind of spooky covered in snow.

Last snow covered tree photo. I'm in love with how well the Tokina does in low lighting.

No comments: