Eagle's Nest

 I was turned on to a local Eagle's Nest by someone that came in the store I once worked at. It wasn't until I tried to find an Eagle last week that I remembered it. The details in my mind were very few, but I had a general idea as to where it was. Mind you, I did get terrified a time or two due to all the curves, turns and forks.

Luckily everything worked out and I was able to find the place. I took my telephoto lens with me in hopes of catching a shot, but there were no Eagles to be seen. It wasn't until LaVaughn noticed an Eagle head inside the next in one of her photos. I zoomed in on a couple of mine and, sure enough, there was an Eagle. These pictures are definitely not the best, but at least it was worth the drive. 

I'd like to go back next week or the week after on a warmer, sunnier evening to try and see them outside their next. Fingers crossed!

Here are the not so good pics:


Here's the Eagle's Nest and the tiny Eagle head popping.

Here's the Eagle's Nest from a distance. The picture doesn't do it justice, but this thing is gigantic.

There's a better shot of the Eagle's head.

I'm assuming this is mom and dad is off hunting for his family.

I never would have imagined that an Eagle would make a nest in such opened and exposed place.

I'm fairly certain this tree is dead as well.

But perhaps it's the strongest tree in the area.

I really have no knowledge when it comes to an Eagle's Nest.

I guess it just blows my mind that there's an actual, visual Eagle's Nest in Annapolis, MO.

Last Eagle's Nest picture for the week. Hopefully you can zoom in enough to see the Eagle's head.

No comments: