Are you ready? Part 3

So much for my daily movie reviews, lol. Well, I never really said that I was going to do them daily, I guess I just had high hopes. Anyway, just thought I'd share a few more with you, hope you enjoy!

The Blind Side

I can't really say too many bad things about this movies, cause it's based on a true story. And truthfully, a lot of it was pretty sad. It's just not my cup of tea, but I'm sure you know that by now. This movie is based on the life of Michael Oher. Like I stated above, the movie is pretty sad and you fell incredibly sorry for him. All in all,  an awesome movie for family night.

Rating: 7/10

The Road

Oh man, where do I start! This movie was so cool, a little draggy, but cool. I've been a HUGE Viggo Mortensen fan ever since Leatherface, so I knew this would be a good one. It's another apocalyptic flick with a bit of a darker twist. More than likely, this is what would really happen to the world. Anyway, it's starts out pretty awesome, but get progressively better. I seriously don't know why we haven't bought it yet. Definitely on the streaming Netflix list for tonight, lol. Well, if you can't tell how good it is from my ranting, then there's something wrong with you. But I will warn you, it does get really draggy and shall I say, boring at some points, but don't let that stop you from watching.

Rating: 7.5/10

Shutter Island

Like so many other films out there, I never really wanted to see this. But since there was nothing better to rent, we grabbed it. It's about these two guys that go to an island to investigate a disappearance and so on. It pretty much starts getting boring at the beginning and continues to do so all throughout the movie. And to top it off, it's extremely long. It's definitely not and edge of your seat action, so don't rent it if you want to get your BP up, lol.

Rating: 5.5/10

From Paris With Love

Considering John Travolta hasn't done a really good movie in a long time, this was a nice change. I wanted to see it from day one and was ever so happy when we finally got to rent it. There are so many twists and action scenes, you won't know what to do with your self. It's seriously some of his best work since Face/Off.

Rating: 7.5/10

Edge Of Darkness

Since I'm a pretty big Mel Gibson fan, I thought this might be pretty cool. I mean, you can tell from the previews that it's going to be a pretty good drama/thriller. Well, we finally rented it one night and was fairly pleased with the opening. Then... it got progressively worse. By mid movie, we had to turn it off cause we were so bored. Now, I'm not saying that it's a bad movie, I can't make that call cause we didn't watch it all the way through. It may have just been a weird night, but who know. So, why don't you be the judge and tell us how it is.

Rating: ?/10

Youth In Revolt

This movie always looked pretty funny, a little weird, but funny. Well, we were more than happy to rent it the day it came out. Overall, it's a pretty funny movie. I mean, how can you go wrong with Michael Cera. That little dude is so funny. But I must warn you, you need to watch this movie when you're in a good mood. If not, it may creep you out and ruin the entire experience for you, lol.

Rating: 6.5/10

The Collector

I'm going to start off by saying, I did not watch this all the way through. It wasn't that exciting and I ended up take a few cat naps during the movie. So therefor, I can't make an accurate judgement and my dear, dear cousin, LaVaughn, will have to do all the rating.

Rating: 5.5/10

The Fourth Kind

It's been forever since I've seen this movie, but what I remember was fairly good. It's supposedly based on a true story and has real clips in the movie. But... who knows if that's true or not. If so, then it's pretty creepy. If not, then that's just stupid. But, if you're a Milla Jovovich fan, like myself, then you'll want to check it out anyway.

Rating: 6/10

Well, I think that's all she wrote. I know 8 isn't a lot, but it's something. If I do too many in one day, they'll just come out sounding retarded. So, until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

No comments: