A sigh of relief...

I'm finally able to breathe easy today. I got that phone call that I was waiting on and it was nothing but good news on the other end. You have no idea how stressed and worried I've been the past day. Seriously one of the worst days for me. I mean, it could have been worse, it can always be worse, but it was still bad.

Today has been cleaning day for us. We started with some laundry, vacuuming, and other normal things like that. Then we moved on to our rat cage, which was long overdue for a nice, deep cleaning. While I was taking care of the cage and everything in it, LaVaughn watched all the ratties and even gave them a bath!

Bathing isn't something we do on a weekly basis, or even a monthly basis, just something we do on occasion when we feel the need. The girls all get to play in the water for a little while first, then they get cleaned and put into a nice, comfy place to dry off. Where they're showered with treats for being such good girls, of course.

Since they've chewed literally every cage set item we've ever given them, we decided to pass down one of the gliders cage sets. It was a smaller cage set for our hospital cage that we don't use anymore, so we thought the ratties could use it. It's all pink, so it works perfectly. I'm sure they'll have most of it chewed up by morning, but that's just something you have to get used to when it comes to being a rat owner.

I need to talk joeys for a minute. As I'm sure most of you know by now, Violet is about to pop! I've got occasional looks at each joey and both appear to be little boys. One is already colored up, he appears to be a WFB. The other one is the mystery joeys, he looks to be all white at the moment, which would make him a leucistic. If so, that means both Cas and Violet proved out their hets and are now both 100% leu hets. Only time will tell on him. Their potential joeys could be: WFB, Mosaic, Platinum, or Leu. SO many options!

I'm so excited to see what these little ones look like. They're going to be gorgeous, no matter what color they are. Violet is just one of the prettiest gliders out there, so I know her babies are going to be stunning. Same with Cas, they're just a pretty pair.

I know I was too bummed to talk about our new knives yesterday, so I'll go ahead and talk about them now. We ordered these awesome zombie apocalypse twin swords and they are awesome!! We got them on ebay for, I hate to say it... $28.50. I know that's an insane amount to pay, but they're awesome and I wish we would have bought more, because you can't find them any cheaper than that anywhere! The guy we bought them from is all sold out too. Sad face...

We also got our stilettos in the mail Wed, which are equally awesome. LaVaughn got a skull one and I got a green spiderweb one. They're both pretty awesome, you can see for yourself below.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I need to go get all my crap ready for work tomorrow. I have a glorious 9 hour shift waiting on me. Good times. Until then...

Love & Peace

-Megan

My Stiletto Knife:




LaVaughn's Stiletto Knife:




Our Zombie Apocalypse Twin Sword Set:



A better look at the fleece we ordered:





Violet's little boys:






And of course, some of Violet:

Prettiest sugar glider face ever!!




Our nice, clean rat cage:



Then add rats...








Sally would rather be out with us.


I think Chelsea would too.










Emilie has the cutest of cute dumbo rat faces!


Melissa isn't doing too bad for herself in they way of cuteness.













No comments: