Days gone by...

Things are starting to settle some. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, but I didn't expect anything less. We buried him Monday evening by the Bleeding Hearts. It's kind of dead and not very pretty at the moment, but things will start to blossom in the next few weeks.

His mini-funeral -- which was mostly just us standing around in silence -- was nice, very emotional, even though I held it all in. I cried enough to last a lifetime Sunday. I'm just glad the days have passed.

Call me crazy, but I've been having horrible anxiety issues ever since Saturday night. I knew it was all mainly from the stress of everything that happened, but somehow that lovely feeling of impending doom has managed to hang on. It's starting to subside a little (fingers crossed), but it's still there, in the back of my mind.

I feel like such an ass that I haven't even talked about Charli and Tyler's joeys. They detached Saturday at some point. I still don't know how, but I managed to get some pictures of them. And just as I suspected, they're gorgeous! I knew Tyler and Charli would have pretty babies. Pictures below.

Speaking of joeys, LaVaughn and I are growing very fond of Neal, David's brother. We have some type of special bond with him, something I can't explain. He's just so precious and so sweet. I'm sure 90% of it has to do with what happened to his brother, but there's still just something about him. He's like his mother in so many ways.

This is where I'm sure we'll get reamed by the community, but I honestly don't care. When everything happened Friday night, we separated Cas and Violet because we weren't sure if he was the instigator. We're both too scared to put him back in with Violet, because if he did something similar to Neal, I'm afraid Cas would be going to live with Tracy again.

I don't know if it's just us or not, but Cas just does not seem to like joeys. Violet held the boys IP for an extended amount a time because of this. Neal even started opening his eyes at just 2 days OOP! Every time poor Violet would sing and get the boys off of her, Cas would just ignore her and continue playing in the wheel. This went on for the first two days before we finally had to intervene on Thursday. We just held the boys for her for a couple hours, then put them back.

Even when everything happened Friday night, she still hadn't been outside of the pouch and was starving. When we were holding her in a bonding pouch, she would take everything that we would give her and just swallow it.

And I know this sounds like I'm just deliberately picking on Cas, but I swear, all that boy wants to do is mate! He and Violet we're fighting on two separate occasions last week because he was trying to mount her and was clinging to the back of her neck. It was extremely frustrating because she had two newly OOP babies attached to her and it all just seemed very stressful. Not to mention she was flipping out and crabbing up a storm.

As of right now, I don't know what we're going to do with Cas. I feel so bad for him because he's alone, but it's just too risky to put him back in with Neal. I guess we'll just see how things go in the next couple weeks.

I really, honestly don't even remember what's taken place since last week. Clearly it was nothing exciting or I would remember to write about it. So I suppose I'll leave it at that.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are pictures of Charli and Tyler's little joeys, Declan and Fiona.

This is Declan, a gorgeous Ringtail Mosaic joey:







Look at that awesome tail!






His face isn't too bad either.

And this is Fiona, another gorgeous Ringtail Mosaic:


She has the coolest facial markings ever!



Check out the white on her head!





She has a pretty nice looking tail too.





The twins together:







Now for some pictures of David's grave:


It'll look better this spring after we add a different top.

And some surrounding flowers.


Pictures of Neal sleeping:





The twins again:









Lots of sugar glider joey love:








And lastly, Una:




No comments: