A Summer of Stargazing & Astrophotography {2022}

 I feel like I've really mastered the skill of astrophotography... not really, but I am miles better than I was at the start of the year. I actually managed one of my bucket list items - capturing the Milky Way! I've been capturing it since June, but the pictures I got on the night of August 23rd really take the cake!

That was actually the last day I took any astro-pics because my tripod broke and I never bought a new one. I'm hoping to do that within the next couple months, especially before the start of Milky Way season in February! I would love to go to a local state park and get some astro-pics, but there are so many crack heads and creeps around here at night, it's just not worth the risk to me.

I did venture to the graveyard twice this year because there's such a nice view of the night sky, but it's hella creepy. Not because of the graves, because of the locals! The first time I went by myself and got SO creeped out! The next time I begged LaVaughn to go with me, but she was rushing me the entire time and I wasn't able to get any good shots, lol. Maybe next time will be better.

Well I guess that's all for now. I hope you enjoy looking at these astrophotography pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them. I think like 85% are of the Milky Way, but there are some pictures of just the sky as well. Some have the trees in the foreground, I think they look awesome!


May 30th:


You can see a faint shooting star in this one.




June 20th:

Very first Milky Way picture I ever captured!

I was elated!

This shot of the Milky Way was taken right next to our mailbox.


You can also see a bunch of fireflies due to the long exposure.

This was my cell phone background for months.


June 21st:

This was literally taken right outside the door. It was amazing to look up and see the Milky Way right above me!

This is probably one of my favorite nighttime landscape/astrophotography pics. You can also see how large our garden had gotten in the bottom right corner.


June 22nd:

This was the night I went to the graveyard myself to attempt some cemetery astrophotography shots. As you can see if blurry and there was only one decent one. This is due to my paranoia. 


June 29th:

Second night at the graveyard and a fairly decent Milky Way shot.

Could've been better, but I still love them.


August 23rd:

This was a shot of the Milky way right above the driveway.

It was immaculate and beautiful.

The beauty of the night sky is a godsend.

Seeing the Milky Way with your own eyes is like nothing else.

I wish I had better locations for pictures.

This is probably my favorite Milky Way picture to date! I'll have to get the edited version off my tablet and post it because it's insane!

There were a lot of pretty Milky Way pictures from this night.

And they were literally taken down the road by our mailbox!

The Milky Way in the fall is my favorite because it's vertical and easier to photograph when there are so many trees around you.

Kind creepy, but still pretty.

And lastly, my favorite portrait shot of the Milky Way. This is my current background on my phone.

No comments: