Christmas 2021 {Recap}

I don't really have too much to tell about Christmas, I mainly just want to share photos of the decorations and tree because they're beautiful, lol. I love Christmas so much, so it's very obvious that Christmastime is my favorite time of year because it legit looks like a winter wonder land in the house. 

I already talked about 105mm lens that LaVaughn got me, but she also got me a Tokina 11-20mm 2.8 lens that I've wanted for EVER!! I love landscape photography, but I'm also a huge space fan, so I really, really wanted to venture into astrophotography. I attached a couple pictures that I took Christmas Eve night. They're not great, I literally just took some up at the lake behind the house. Since you have to do a very long shutter for these kinda pics, it got completely washed out by the neighbor's lights.

My aunt got me a really, really awesome Orion telescope - something I've wanted for years. I was so shocked and so thankful! It's completely new territory, so I had no idea how to do anything, lol. I'm finally (months later) starting to get the hang of it. I also just recently purchased a Barlow lens for it because Amazon had such an amazing deal.

One more thing and then I'm done. This is where I want to brag just a little bit, lol. It's not even bragging honestly, but kinda. It just something I'm super proud of and very, very thankful that we were able to do it. We got my aunt and uncle a 9th Gen iPad!! We saved up and thankfully made it happen. I think it's my aunts favorite thing ever, which I couldn't be happier about. She's on it more than her phone now, lol. I'm so so thankful we were able to do it. I think it's one of the best Christmas presents we've ever got anyone.

Okay, that's enough for now. I hope you enjoy all the pics!


Bare naked Christmas tree.

Christmas tree with lights. We did a multicolor theme last year.

Now the Christmas tree with ornaments.

Time for some macro Christmas tree ornament pictures, lol.

I love macro shots around Christmastime, especially with the 40mm lens.

I just love ornaments.

This one reminds me of retro Disney Christmas cartoons.

I love these little snowmen ornaments.

Time to hang the garland. We're all short, so a ladder is most definitely needed.

And there's our Christmas tree from last year.

I'm literally obsessed with Christmas tree lights at night.

One more Christmas tree shot with the light on.

One more nighttime Christmas tree shot.

I lied, one more Christmas tree pic at night.

This is the archway into the den/laundry room with Christmas lights and garland.

This is the archway into the living room, decked out with Christmas lights and garland.

We also put lights and garland ALL around the cabinets.

The Christmas lights and garland over the stove is some of my faves.

I don't know if I showed our Christmas Village from year before last or not, but here it is.

I'm in LOVE with our Christmas Village!

I obviously can't get enough of our Christmas tree, I apologize.

Here's a landscape picture of our Christmas tree with our lighted doorway into the garage. It's so whimsical!

This is the archway into the kitchen, decked out with garland that was decorated by my aunt. She did such a great job!

One more of the archway into the living room, all glowing with Christmas lights.

I took this picture with my phone, but I'm in love with how much this looks like a vintage or retro Christmas living room at night.

Gotta have the Christmas cookies!

These were sugar cookies from pre-packaged cookie dough.

And now for peanut butter Reese's cookies.

They were delish.

I think these were just candy sugar cookies.

Now for non-Christmas pics:

This is my Orion Starblast telescope. It's so gorgeous!

My first attempt at astrophotography with my Tokina 11-20mm 2.8 lens!

See how the neighbor's lights washed this astrophotography shot out?

Last astrophotography nighttime shot... for now!

No comments: