Spring Photography 2022

 I didn't really take too many photos at the start of the year, so it was around April when I finally started to get into it. Not that there's really that much to photograph - I try to wait on things to start blooming before I really get into taking photos. Then you have to find a good balance of lighting, which can be tricky in early spring. Cause it's usually cloudy, rainy or windy. 

I don't really think there are any stories to be told, just random pictures to be shared. That's mainly what this post is - a photo dump. I took all of these photos with my Nikon 105mm 2.8 VR lens that I got for Christmas... it's spectacular! And let me just say that macro shots are nearly impossible when it's windy. Nothing exciting and rather boring, but I think these are decent photos to be shared. Hope you enjoy! 


Bleeding hearts are some of my faves, but a nightmare to get a good picture of.

Pretty white flower.

Dandelion seed head.


Naked dandelion.

Macro mutant fly hybrid thing.

Tee tiny little ant.

I don't know what kind of horned bug this it, but it was a great model for macro shots.

I wish I could explain how tiny this flower was - it was legit like 

If anyone knows me personally they know how terrified I am of spiders. Since this lens is so long I don't have to get super close, which allows me to take pictures of these creepy crawlies.

This guy was perched under our porch light.

Tiny blue flower.

It's a bugs (ants) life.

These guys passed by each other like a morning commute to work.

More macro flowers.

It's an obsession.

Leaves are still my fave.

Tell me this crisp green leaf isn't the prettiest thing.

I wanted a printed green leaf like this on glass.

Last green leaf for good measure

Pretty reddish green leaf.

I would also like this printed on glass.

And maybe this one.

Or this one.

It's s good thing Fracture is super expensive, otherwise I would have glass walls.

Need this on glass too.

Beautiful yellow butterfly.

The butterflies around here love the lilac bushes.

Dandelion.

Up-close macro dandelion

Pretty iris.

More bugs on leaves.

This little guy was a good bug model.

I think this photo of our side yard would've looked better edited, but I was playing around with the Tokina wide angle lens here. I also don't know why we even have that dog house still - Max literally never sleeps outside.

No comments: