Cloudy Astrophotography With Tokina Pro DX 11-20mm 2.8 {January 2022}

 This was only my second attempt at astrophotography, so don't hate too much. It was only a smidge cloudy when I first went outside, but as you can tell from the pictures it got much worse. It was also super windy, but that created a very awesome effect with a long exposure. I got a little ahead of myself and tired the "bulb" setting on my shutter which resulted in some daytime photos. Really freaked a couple people out, lol. 

I didn't really master astrophotography until summer of this year, which I'll eventually upload. Until then, here are a few creepy shots that ended up looking pretty cool. Enjoy!


This long exposure shot was taken around 10/11 at night - pretty cool effect, IMO.

Yet another nighttime shot with long exposure that looks like daytime.

I think this long exposure of the clouds moving is a pretty neat effect. 

Especially considering I had the settings tweaked the right way.

This one is giving old school Resident Evil vibes for some reason.

Probably my favorite attempt at astrophotography this night.

You can finally see some stars!

Word of advice kids, don't attempt astrophotography on a cloudy, windy night when the moon is full.

No comments: