O come, all ye faithful...

Yes, it's Sunday and I'm blogging!! That's because I didn't go to work today! Now worries, I'll explain later.

It's weird that I'm blogging on a Sunday instead of a Friday, like I normally do. I guess cause I usually work today, but then, what's my excuse for not blogging on Friday? That, my friends, is because absolutely nothing exciting took place that day and I would have been stuttering around trying to find something to write about and piece together. So no, I didn't blog that day.

Since I didn't go to work today and actually had a day off that my aunt has off, LaVaughn and I decided to stop by and pay her a visit. Which eventually turned into a journey into town so that she could get a massively awesome new TV. It was on sale, so it was hard to pass up. And, of course, we stopped and got something to eat on the way home. We begged her to let us pay, but if you know her, that's not happening! I did manage to slip a $20 into her check book without her noticing, though. Ha!

As I'm sure 97.7% of the work knows, the season 4 premiere of The Walking Dead is on tonight. I'm pretty excited. Since I wasn't a huge fan of season 3, I'm really hoping they wow us in this season. And please, Robert Kirkman (or however you spell that), leave the governor out. And for the love of god, don't kill off Hershel!! You already killed part of me when you killed Dale. Not to mention, you took away a lot of eye candy when you killed Shane. Just saying...

Okay, now onto the work dilemma. Last week -- I believe it was Tuesday -- I asked the scheduling manager to be off by at least 6 Sunday. I made it clear that I needed off. She said okay and to call her the next day before 4. So the next day, I made a mental note (and several others) to call her. When she answered, I said,

"Hey, you told me to call you today and remind you about Sunday."

Her response...

"Oh right, 6:00 Sunday?"

Since she was so quick to remember, I didn't think anything else about it until yesterday when I got to work and looked at my schedule. Wanna know my hours for today? It was from 4 to fucking 8 PM!! What the hell!? I immediately told the general manager and he said that he would try and figure it out in the morning and that he should have it fixed. Then I was thinking how stupid it would be for me to drive all the way up there at 4 and leave 2 hours later. I told him the same thing and he told me that I could come in at 1 if I wanted.

Okay, well later that night I was working with a new girl named Jessica and she kept saying how badly she wanted to work tomorrow. As soon as she said that, lights started popping up. So I said to her, "Hey, I need a shift covered tomorrow, would you want to work from 4-8?" She said yes almost instantaneously. I then proceeded to ask if I could call the general manager and ask if that was okay. The girl I asked is a "traveling manager" and hops from a few different stores. She's not permanent there, but she's really awesome.

Well as soon as I grabbed the phone and started to walk to the back and call, the newest manager of the store asked what I was doing. I began telling her my plan, which I thought would come together nicely. She than finished with, and I quote, "Well I'm working tomorrow, so it's my shift and it's fine with me." She even said she would leave him a note explaining what was going on. Awesome, right? Wrong!

Even after I called her on my way home last night and made sure she was going to leave a note, they still screwed me over today. Wanna know why? Cause she DIDN'T leave a note for him! So I get a call from one of the day/evening managed asking why I didn't show up for my shift at 4! I was so pissed! After I told her what had happened -- and what didn't -- she said it was fine.

That's my workplace for you. Come on, you can't tell me you're not dying to put your application in there! And on that note, I'm out! Time to feed the gliders -- especially since we bought and ENTIRE box of Wombaroo powder and a whole sack of bee pollen earlier this week! No more sample packs for us, but that's mainly because she raised the price from $3.50 to $6. No thanks! Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The drive to town:





Dream catcher in the sky, lol.

Parked at Sonic:



As you can tell, we were extremely close to the menu.

These Sonic toys are just horrible!!

No comments: