Hello darkness, my old friend...

I know it's weird for me to blog on a Tuesday, I normally blog on Monday's because I literally always have Tuesday's off. Well, since the store is being shut down today and tomorrow for the big "remodel", I have no work today! Also, I didn't do anything yesterday that was even blog worthy, so I passed.

I do have a bit of disturbing news in the family department. My aunt Eva, who is well into her 70s, has fallen very ill over the weekend. I believe it was Saturday night that everything first started happening to her. Now I may not be spot on with this, considering I've only got bits and pieces from different people about how things happened, so don't hold it to me. 

Supposedly, she and her husband (and a few others?) were watching a movie Saturday night, then she decided to go lay down for a while. Later in the night, she sat up in the bed and started reciting a bunch of nonsense about getting a fish off of her hook. After that, she went back to sleep and never woke up. I found all of this out on my break Sunday. 

My sister called me that night and filled me in on most of it while I was still at work. Since it's opening day for rifle season, we were freakishly packed! I was already on edge when the news about my aunt came about, so that just added to my aggravation. Not to mention, I had to stay 45 minutes over to close the lobby and then help Kevin in grill because he was all by himself. Fun!

Okay, back to my aunt. Apparently she was having mini strokes and passing some of her bodily fluid? I honestly have no idea what they're talking about, considering I only got bits and pieces of the story. I also heard that her kidneys were shutting down. And apparently, which is complete news to me, she's on hospice! When did this happen? I have no idea how many of her kids and grand kids were there with her because she was so ill. Also, she was given 2-4 days to live from her doctor through her hospice nurse! No joke!

For some moronic reason, none of her damn kids would take her to the hospital because it was "her wish". She's too fucking sick to know if she needs to go to the hospital or not! 

To make a long story short, ever since Sunday night, her health has been declining and no one would take her to the hospital. My sister, my aunt, and I all think there's a bit of fowl play going on with one of her children. You all know how insurance works, right? Well, that's what we suspect. And apparently, even her own husband (who's basically on his death bed and nearing 90 years old) didn't know she was dying. It wasn't until the hospice nurse told him TODAY that he found out! 

Well, everything changed when one of her eldest sons got there today and wasn't happy with anything that was going on, so he bucked up and (finally) had her taken to the hospital not 20 minutes ago! It's about fucking time!! 

I would like to add that the lunatics that I'm talking about are very distant family member. They're people that I haven't spoken to in months! Aside from my sister, I'm only close to 6 people in my family. That's excluding my biological mother, imagine that! 

Okay, new subject! 

LaVaughn and I actually made a dent in our own personal cage sets today. We managed to sew 2! Lol, how pathetic. But hey, 2 in better than none. We're planing on tackling the other 3 tomorrow. Lets just hope we're successful. 

We also have two sets to sew for one of our very frequent customers, Laci. She's ordered so many sets from us in the past couple months! And since she's so awesome, she's getting herself and nice big free shipping discount! Can free shipping actually be considered a discount? Well technically, yes, I suppose. Anyways, so we might be sewing hers tomorrow as well.

Oh, I almost forgot! LaVaughn and I ordered two new puff pouches/pillow pouches from Athena of Glider Trendz! We already have 4 of her pouches and they're awesome! We needed two more to have one for each cage, so we finally dished out the money and bought them. I'm excited. 

And in other, more exciting new.... CHLOE'S JOEYS ARE ALMOST OOP!! I couldn't be more excited, as if you can't tell. These are her first joeys, so we're like super nervous, but we're so excited, we can't hardly leave her alone. And... she for sure has one PLAT!! This is going to be the first plat ever born here!! We've had two leus before, so that's not entirely new, but it'll still be freakishly exciting if she has a leu too.

Oh the excitement.

They look like they may detach this weekend, but I highly doubt it. More than likely, it'll be next week. Sigh... Well, as long as they're healthy, I don't care when they detach. I just know that I can't wait! And don't forget to check out the picture of the little sneak preview below!

Alright, I believe I've spilled enough beans for one day. It's time to watch some TV and try not to think about all the craziness that's going on around me. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's Charli and Tyler's new cage set: 


Here's Kira and Logan's new cage set:


And here is one of Chloe and Boone's babies arms!!


Look at that tiny, little joey arm!


No comments: