Bitter is the word, cold is how I feel...

The temperature today... wow! It's the first time in years that we've had temperatures below zero! Yes, I said it, BELOW zero! As soon as I step outside, my teeth start aching. That's probably because I'm chattering my teeth together and just don't notice because I'm numb everywhere.

You wanna know the sad part? I freaking LOVE this weather! I want to move up north and live in this type of weather 50% of the year. I know, I'm pathetic. Most people want to live on the beach -- which I wouldn't object to -- or live in California, but I prefer the cold, always have.

Okay, back to the snow talk!

With snow, as I'm sure you all know, comes snow birds! More particularly, Dark-Eyed Juncos. They were all over the place! And, of course, we had to feed them to get them to stick around. I wish I could have braved the cold a while longer and taken more outdoor pictures, but I couldn't.

Luckily, there's a gap at the top of my kitchen window that -- if I stand on a chair -- allows me to take fairly clear pictures. So that's how 90% of these photos were taken.

Well, there isn't really much else to discuss, so I suppose I'll leave it at that. Hope you enjoy all the lovely birdie pictures. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Prepare for lots of Junco cuteness!

This is a very chubby Dark-Eyes Junco.





Probably my favorite Junco picture for the day.

A pretty female Cardinal hoarding a snack.







So cute!








Snow ripple from the horrendous wind!



Pretty, though.

Our old time dog house.

The sun looked so pretty cascading across the yard.





No comments: