Snow Day!

Considering the way the weather was condoning itself last night, I honestly didn't think it was going to amount to much. Well, when I awoke to a mini blizzard a short while ago, I couldn't have been more wrong! There was already a couple inches on the ground, but it was getting deeper and deeper by the minute. That's when I swallowed my pride and called work.

Luckily, I talk to Mindy. She's a fellow co-worker (new manager) and she just so happens to live right down the road from me. If I could pick anyone to talk to about calling out, it would be her. She was so laid back about the whole thing and was like, "Shit girl, I know how it is." We continued on for a few minutes, then I hung up.

I tried desperately to go back to sleep, but couldn't. The more I laid there, the more I fretted about missing a day of work. A day of work means a day of pay.

After I got up and engulfed some caffeine, I was ready to go out and take on the snow, freezing weather and all. Considering everything was freshly covered in snow -- and slick -- I decided just to stick to the yard, so my photo range was limited today. That didn't stop me from getting some fairly nice pictures, though.

Other than that, I didn't really do much else today. To all my fellow states out there that got hammered, stay safe, stay worm, and think spring!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the pictures from a little while ago:

Beautiful cardinal.

I love the beautiful snow covered yard.

Look at the cat prints from their house to the porch.



See, blizzard like conditions.








No comments: