Comfortably numb...

Today has been better than yesterday. Even though my mind keeps me on a constant loop of what happened, things are still better than yesterday.

I still have that feeling of constant worry for the other little girl, who we're naming Margie. The feeling I get in the pit of my stomach every time I think of the joeys will not subside. I wish I could just move past this, I know it's not healthy to dwell on it. I'm trying to keep my mind as far from it as possible, but that's difficult when you're day-to-day revolves around caring for the gliders.

I have to admit, the memories are starting to fade, in some ways. It was still the first thing on my mine when my eyes popped open, then I moved to worry. I worry constantly until I'm able to look in Kira and Logan's pouch and check on tiny, little Margie. I don't like wishing a glider's life away, but I'll be so happy when this little girl reaches 8 weeks.

I spent the start of my day like any other person that has the day off; watching crappy daytime TV. LaVaughn -- who's usually never alive before 2PM -- woke up at 10:30 this morning, I was shocked! I didn't know what to think when I walked in the living room just before 1 and saw her sitting there. Mind you, she's asleep right now, taking a well needed nap. She doesn't function well on less than 5 hours of sleep.

We watched the always entertaining, Steve Wilkos Show. Then recorded Days of Our Lives for my aunt. That show.. that show is something else!

After LaVaughn left me at just after 3, I decided to unload my first batch of 2014 pictures from the camera to the hard drive. So far, 290 pictures have been taken this year. That's excluding the cell phone pictures.

After that, I decided to swallow my pride and hold little Margie for a while. She wasn't exactly pleased to leave the warmth of her pouch, but would you want to leave your 90+ gram mother, father, and brother? Luckily, the warmth of my hand lulled her to sleep. Until I decided to take pictures of her, then she was up and on the go.

I've been hesitant to take any photos of her since the ordeal with her sister, but I don't want to miss out on these early weeks, even though it breaks my heart to only photograph one joey now. I can't neglect her, or push her to the side. After all, it's not her fault that her sister was, well... you know. Margie is a beautiful little girl that photographs wonderfully. I hope the lady that's interested in her enjoys the pictures.

I suppose I better leave it at that. I feel like I need to get up and do something. I already fed the cats, took the dog out, washed the dishes. Maybe I should go ahead and cut up the gliders food and keep it in the fridge until later? I made HPW last night, so that's really all I need to do (unless someone wants to force me to sew, which I need to).

I guess I'll leave it here. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the pictures of little Margie:











I completely forgot about these next pictures. Seamus was really wanting some attention around 1 in the morning, so I grabbed him out, put him in a bonding pouch, and brought him in the living room with us. He was more than content sitting on our laps, eating treats, and being loved on. He also noticed the TV for the first time and glared at it with amazement for about 20 minutes. It was the cutest thing. He eventually feel asleep in LaVaughn's hand. 















Sleepy sugar glider. 

No comments: