Don't stop believing...

You remember by little list of things I had to do Monday? Well, believe it or not, I managed to actually accomplish some! I let the flock out, took some new pictures of Margie, and even cleaned the glider wheels. No, I may not have sewn or put in new cage sets, but hey, some is better than none.

I also said I would edit my blog and add the photos that I had taken, but I didn't. Well, actually, I couldn't. I kind of went a little photo happy while I was outside. It was warm, sunny, and just a great day for photos. Outdoor photos are so few and far between anymore, I had to seize the day.

Not long after that, my mom stopped by and decided to spend the night. I couldn't be dicking around with my blog while she was over, that would just be rude. So no you have an in depth explanation as to why I didn't post the photos later that night, lol. I seriously ramble too much sometimes.

Work was killer yesterday. Our new GM was there yesterday, so that made things super awkward! He honestly wasn't too bad, though. He did his own thing and didn't hover, which I liked. I got there at 2 and was up front by myself until nearly 4, no joke. I was freaking exhausted. 

Around 5 in the evening, Cassie (the other top manager, whom I like) was like, "Who's next for break?" I jokingly shouted, "Me!" See, I was only working from 2-7, which is 5 hours. And those of you who work/or have worked at McDonald's know that you don't get a break if you work 5 hours and under. After I said that, she was like, "Would you go to Subway for me?" That's when I had to break the news to her that I didn't really get a break.

A little time passed -- probably an hour -- then, out of nowhere, Cassie said, "I'm getting ready to send you on break." I was shocked and replied with a very sincere, "Are you serious?" she replied, "Yes I am. Will you still go to Subway for me?" 

I agreed to go to Subway for her and my all time favorite person, Melissa. 

I was kind of lost in Subway, to be honest. Their way of ordering is all very different from the simplicity of saying, "I'll have a number 4." I don't think I've stepped foot in a Subway since they served bologna. By the time I got their food, I was already contemplating the idea of stopping and getting LaVaughn and myself one on the way home. They stay open until 9, after all. I pitched the idea to her, and she loved it.

I ended up getting us each a black forest ham sub. Both toasted with: cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Mine had a couple extra items, like jalapenos and banana peppers. Freaking delicious! And they're only $5 each, which is unbelievable. More than likely, it'll be weeks, if not months before we go back.

Okay, enough work and Subway talk. 

I feel like I need to talk/vent/bitch about this. Mine and LaVaughn's bestie, Taylor, is being screwed over by someone who I thought was a good, reputable person in the glider community. Again, not going to name names or point fingers.

Taylor put a deposit down on a leu girl last week. A very hefty $300 deposit! Who does that? All was well, then out of nowhere, the breeder things this leu girl might be a TPM. A lot of people -- including myself -- said the little girl was a TPM. After this was said, the breeder went ahead and let Taylor sign a contract, sealing the deal on a $650 leucistic girl. 

Well now, the breeder is saying stuff like, "Well, if she ends up being a TPM, that's not a $650 color." What pisses me off the most is that the only reason she's wanting to raise the price is because Taylor can produce expensive colors and make more money off of the glider. WTF!? How conceded and immoral are you!?

I just wish we had unrelated leu line gliders that we could give Taylor. then she wouldn't have to worry about adopting from the money hungry glider people. What happened to a good home is the most important? Taylor is awesome and takes the best care of her gliders. It's just all very annoying and frustrating.

I think my depressed title matches this blog, lol. I've done nothing but ramble or complain about things. Hopefully all of the glorious pictures I took Monday will make up for the lack of excitement in my words. At least I hope, lol. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's Margie:















Random pictures of the flock and cats:




Toby was loving the camera cord.




He's such a beautiful cat! <3 p="">

This is a very pretty, very nosy RIR rooster.



See, he loves me.


Toby was loving it a little too much.

He had to be cut off after this.


One of the rarely photographed Buttercup hens.

Harley!

He's such a pretty boy.

And yes, he still thinks he's a turkey.





Look at this stunning cat! Lily is so rarely photographed, but I somehow managed to get this really gorgeous picture of her.



See, he even followed me over here.

And proceeded to stare at me.






The devil geese:

They're getting really brave and starting to come down in the yard a lot.




They like to hiss a lot and try to scare you.


They also like to hiss at the cats.

As seen here.

No comments: