Famous final scene...

Poor, poor Taylor. There are just so many thoughts and emotions going through my head right now. Last night, one of Odin and Lilah's joeys died. She was upset beyond words and nothing I said was comforting. She eventually stopped talking last night -- I'm guessing she went to bed.

When I got up today and checked Facebook, I saw a disheartening message from Taylor... Odin and Lilah cannibalized the other little girl last night. She was fortunate enough to find the first little girl completely intact last night, but the second little girl was nowhere to be found.

Out of all the things breeders experience, this has to be one of the worst, especially for Taylor. She's such an emotion girl. She gets her heart broken so easily and gets so wrapped up in things. When she's sad, she's depressed. She's been very short with words today, so I'm trying not to bother her too much. She'll grieve her own way, at her own pace.

Speaking of joeys.. it's still hard to wrap my head around what I, myself experienced. I still don't want to believe it happened, but it did. I'm obsessively worrying about little Margie. It doesn't help that she's a very small little girl, that's just an added worry. I'm constantly thinking, "Is she not getting enough milk?", "Is she growing right?", "Does her fur look okay?". It's just never ending.

I got some new pictures of her today, she's a doll.

LaVaughn and I were talking earlier about possibly keeping her. We're not set on this, we're going to give it some time before we say yes or no. We have a deposit taken on her, so I would have to notify the girl and give her a refund. Of course, I would explain why we were doing it. Surely, if she cares as much about gliders as she lets on, she'll understand.

I guess we'll see how things go in the next couple weeks.

There must have been something in the air today, because I managed to clean the rat's layers in their cage, wipe all the cages down (the insides, the outsides were done a couple days ago), vacuum around all the cages, and even change the pouches! I know, I'm awesome. I have to admit, LaVaughn helped me with the pouch changing and treat feeding.

Now, probably tomorrow, it's time for wheel cleaning. I try to do that once a week, sometimes a little longer than that, but usually once a week. We're doing very, very good with rotating our cleaning process. We wipe the outside of the cage down one day, do the cage sets one day, wipe the inside of the cage down one day, and same for the wheels and pouches. It decreases scenting so much!

And now I'm going to go straight from glider talk, to music talk. Do you remember be saying at the beginning of the year that I wanted to possibly pick up the violin? Well, believe it or not, I've started that process! I've been looking around online for a good (cheap) beginners violin and already started watching a few lessons. Mainly things like; how to hold your bow properly, where to place the violin, and so on. It's a LOT to take in, but I honestly think it's something I could really get into.

Alright, I believe I've said my piece. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are a few pictures of Margie for the day:



Is she not the cutest?





She looks so wonky, but I adore that about her!




No comments: