Keep on the sunny side...

The memories of what happened a few nights ago are slowly making their way to the back of my mind, in the dark, where I store everything I don't want to think about. I'm forcing myself to spend time with the other little girl, Margie. I'm scared to hold her, look at her, get attached to her. Outta sight outta mind, right? I already feel a certain kind of connection with her, which I shouldn't.

LaVaughn keeps telling me that it was probably a once in a lifetime thing for us, but I can't help but worry. Kira's a good mom, she is. She's been the best little glider mama she could be. I just need to find something else to focus on for a little while.

You know what keeps your mind occupied? Filling out applications, which is exactly what I'm doing right now. I just finished filling out an application for Casey's and now I'm working on one for Town & Country. I think I just need a change, work wise. There's so much shit going on at that place, it's hard to tolerate. Between the childish behavior, intolerable coworkers, and atrocious hours -- it's just too much.

I'm hoping to hear back from someone within the next couple weeks.

LaVaughn and I just finished sewing 5 new jumbo pouches for everything. I believe I mentioned the other day that we cut some out, I think. When you're cutting and sewing the jumbo pouches, they don't feel as big as they actually are. When we put them in the cages with them, they engulfed them! We mainly wanted the jumbo for Kira, Seamus, and Logan. They're all so big, plus the little girl is in there as well. Chloe, Boone, and their babies are also taking up a lot of space, so they were a much needed change.

Speaking of sewing... you remember that one girl that harassed us about not getting her cage sets done fast enough, then didn't want to pay to her have fabric shipped back, then turned around -- after she bitched at us for a week -- and asked us if we would still be willing to sew her fleece? Okay, well her sets have been done for nearly 1 weeks now and she still hasn't paid. I'm just not sure if she genuinely doesn't have the money, or just keeps putting us off to be a twat. It's all starting to get very frustrating because she's constantly saying how our prices shouldn't be that high and each set should be over $30. I'm just getting so fed up with all the bullshit.

Sigh.

It's so weird not working on a Saturday. It's usually a Sunday that I take off for something. Well, it's not like I took off today, they just didn't schedule me, which sucks. This is another reason I'm looking for another job. During the summer months, I only have 8 and 9 hours days, the past couple months... 3-5 hour days, with the occasion 6 ans 7 hour day, but those are few and far between.

Alright, well it's time for me to go. We still need to feed the cats, feed the gliders, feed ourselves, and get ready to watch the remake of Flowers in the Attic! Should be an interesting night! Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Photo time!

We managed to get all 6 of that chicks cage sets into a large flat rate box. I was impressed.

Some photos of Seamus from last night:


He's so unbelievably cute.



Check out those powdered out marks on his back!



And lastly, the 5 jumbo pouches we made for our crew:


No comments: