Red lights, green lights, stop and go jive...

I'm getting so fed up with McDonald's. They complain constantly about not having enough 'crew members', but why is this!? Because they never schedule people! Saturdays and Sundays are my guaranteed days, I'm a weekend person, but oh no, I didn't have to work today. Also, my days coming up are 5 hour days. How am I supposed to pay bills on 5 hour days?

I need to start calling around and begging for a job...

Well, LaVaughn and I finally got to break in our throwing knives today! Woohoo! The weather was actually decent enough to allow a jacket-less throwing experience. And just so you know, throwing knives isn't as easy as it sounds. It took us several tried before we even hit the tree that our target was on. After that, I managed to hit the board! I was feeling pretty good about myself for quite some time, then LaVaughn turns around and gets a freaking bulls-eye! Such a slap in the face.

I was stoked for her, though.

At one point, she managed to cut a chunk out of the side of the board, loosening the trim around it. Nothing that a little tape couldn't fix. That very same tape also managed to fix some loose gripping on our knives. Yes, we threw them that hard. It happened to two of mine, one of hers. Oh well, at least they look rugged now.

We both hit the board a few more times, several more times in the tree, and countless ground shots. We're no where near ready for a throwing competition, but the getting there is the fun part.

Unfortunately, it's going to be bitterly cold the next few days, so no more outdoor excursions for a little while. I guess we'll have to spend our time sewing, like we should be doing. Between you and me, it's long overdue.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. It's almost time to feed our army of cats and the gliders. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are our awesome Zombie target pictures from the day:

LaVaughn's first tree shot.

Not bad at all, and so close to the board!


There's always time for a few random weed shots:


This one is quite nice, if I do say so myself.


My first tree shot. Woohoo!


I also managed to hit the wood pile. Yeah, not even aiming for it and I hit it.

The first one on the board! Woohoo!


See where the deviant cut the board?


Here's LaVaughn's awesome, awesome head shot. I was so proud. She also hit the board two more times in a row after this.






And lastly, some random shots of our beautiful girl, Milla. Ah, such a rough life...




Is she not gorgeous!?

No comments: