Oh no I didn't!

Is it just me, or does it seem like a week has passed since my last blog? Seriously, I know it's only been two days, but it seems like the longest two days known to man! I guess cause my work days were so long? I did a 9 hour shift, followed by an 8 hour shift. Hmm... makes you wonder.

Well, a LOT has gone on in the past 24 hours. Let me start with the most upsetting... leaving my wallet at work!!

Okay, it was getting late last night -- I believe it was 8:30 or so -- so I asked if I could leave early. Andrea happily obliged and said I could go. I quickly scurried out to the car and grabbed the wallet. I came back inside, ordered my crew meal, ordered my sister some food, and then continued to the back to make what I had just ordered. Yes, I like to make my own food while I'm there.

On my way to the back, I noticed that I still had the wallet tucked in my arm. I sat it down next to Andrea and asked if she would watch it for me. At the time, I had sit it in a spot where I could see it as well, but Andrea said she would sit it up by her phone so she could keep a closer eye on it. Nice, right? Anyways, I continued to make our food, finished up, grabbed a soda, and then headed out the door.

I made it home around 9:30ish and didn't think anything else about it. At first, I thought I had put the wallet inside our food bag, but I didn't. Well, around midnight last night, I decided to look through everything and see how much Christmas money we had put back. I know, it was freaking stupid to put our Christmas money in such a dangerous place, but I keep the wallet glued to my side when I go anywhere! Anyway, I looked all over the house and couldn't find it. I went to the car, same thing. Then, as I was walking back to the house, I remembered!

I came inside, almost in tears and told LaVaughn what I had done. She was so upset, she almost cried as well. I've NEVER left the wallet before, never! And of all times, we have over $400 in it! I was distraught!

I tried to call the store, but there was no one there. That's when I thought to messaged the manager, Andrea, on Facebook. Luckily, she was online and assured me that she put the wallet up and that it was in a safe place. It was somewhat of a relief, but I was still shaken up over it and so worried that someone had stole money out of it or would! That's when LaVaughn and I concocted the plan to drive up there around 3:30 and meet the openers.

So that's what we did! Luckily, it was Lynn, Garland, and Ryon (yes, it's spelled on). Lynn motioned for me to go to the back of the store so that I could get in. And THANK GOD, it was there and every bit of money was in it! You have no idea how happy we were on the drive home, lol.

Okay, now lets fast forward to just a little while ago!

Today was Kyro's neuter day. We had an appointment for 3:30, so we headed out a little after 2. We stopped by McDonald's and got some "apple dippers" (they're just apple slices) because the vet always likes to have a chunk of apple for them to bite one when they wake up.

To make a long story short, his neuter went great and he doesn't even seem to notice! We put him back in with his parents and sister and all seems to be fine (knock wood). Now we just have to gear up for Thurs. NOT looking forward to that!

After we left the vet's office, we headed over to old faithful for a little holiday shopping. It was SO nice to pick out a few gifts! I say a few, but we ended up spending quite a bit. The main reason for that was due to one very awesome, very pricey, item. I can't mention any of the gifts here, because 3 out of 4 people that we shopped for today read this blog occasionally.

After we get a few more items, it'll be time to buy the wrapping paper!! I'm not usually a big holiday fan, but I cannot wait for this Christmas!

Okay, I suppose that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

LONG overdue picture of the rats. And yes, all 4 of them are in the square hammock, lol.



Little Kyro before his neuter:


Kyro after his neuter:

He was a sleepy little boy for a while. :(

No comments: