Long I stood there wondering, fearing...

LaVaughn finally had to swallow her pride and go to the hospital for her cortisone shot. The day was long a drawn out -- mainly the waiting part, the actual shot took less that 20 minutes. There were a couple times both of us considered leaving, but I swear I think they forgot where they stashed us a one point. It was like playing hide-and-seek with only one party playing.

We stopped at Payless before we went to the hospital. We had almost an hour to burn, so why not show shop, am I right? LaVaughn found some leg warmers, while I found a pair of heels that I, no pun intended, fell head-over-heels for. I'm not a heel wearing person, so it should be interesting to see me clicking around in those. After all, it's hard to go from Converse to something with a 3 inch heel.

While we were in Payless, a lady told us of a sale at The Shoe Department in the mall. Both of our eyes lit up with excitement as she mouthed the words "50% off". I felt like she could have been naked with a fan in front of her while she muttered the words in slow motion. So needless to say a trip to the mall was planned shortly after.

The West Park Mall is like directly across the highway from the hospital, so it was a straight shot to get there. For obvious reasons, the mall was packed, but surprisingly enough I was able to find a semi-close parking space.

Upon walking in the entrance, I was immediately taken back to my younger years as a small girl when I used to visit the mall with my dad. My mom was there too, but she was literally always in the hair salon. My dad would take me by the hand and parade me around while I touched everything in sight and continuously said, "I need!".

We had two stores on our list; Bath & Body Works and The Shoe Department. I was able to stop BBW fairly easily. The sign above the store glowed as if heavenly lights were behind it. I literally felt like a kid in the most extravagant toy/candy store known to man. I never thought BBW would be so magnificent in person, but I was pleasantly surprised.

We ended up leaving with 6 body sprays. After all, they were having a "buy 3 get 3" sale, so it was hard to pass up. While we were waiting in the hospital, I was talking to Taylor and she had just told me that she got 6 sprays for $30, so that motivated us even more. We weren't that lucky, because our total came to $45... not cool. Oh well, I'm sure we wont need anymore body spray for a few months.

We ran in The Shoe Department for a few minutes after, just long enough to find some awesome Union Bay shoes for myself.

We had to stop by Walmart after that, but that was for less than 10 minutes to pick up a prescription for my aunt. We decided to be spontaneous and eat at Popeye's this time around. I'm so glad we did, it was delicious! A little spicy, but they don't call it Cajun for kicks.

And now I'm completely exhausted and need another cup of coffee. Don't judge me for already downing one, but I've had no caffeine all day, so I deserve it.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Time for a photo tour of the day:

Love the Bath & Body Works bag.

These are all the fragrances that we picked up:








See, told you I had coffee.


Una was happy to see me.



I love this picture of her.


A random picture of Neville.



That's about all the money I have left after shopping at the mall today, lol.




Luna is so dark!








Now some pictures from my phone:

My oxygen level and heart rate were awesome, just an FYI.



West Park Mall!

So many people.



Bath & Body Works!!




This is an Atlas Safe Room... I want it.




Had to run in Hot Topic too.



And lastly, waiting on our food at Popeye's.

No comments: