Grasping the basics...

My work weekend was insane to say the least! Saturday was a nightmare, one I don't care to re-live. Yesterday was bad, but not as bad as the day before. Going in yesterday and knowing I didn't have to work the next day played part in how the evening played out.

Since I didn't have to be there until 3 (and since I woke up at noon) I had plenty of time to go outside and enjoy the sun, which is so rarely seen these days. I swear, every single day I've been off this week has been cloudy. Hell, every day for the past two weeks has been like that, not just days that I've worked! Of course, it was bright and sunny today, the weather was perfect, and the camera was fully charged. I didn't let my time constraints stop me from taking a few photos. I've SO badly wanted to take photos on a sunny day, so I finally got to do so yesterday.

Speaking of taking pictures, I've finally started testing the waters of manual mode on my camera. I've been reading all about ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and learning how to tie them all in together. The first day or so of reading about them sent me in a downward spiral of confusion, but I think I'm (partially) starting to understand some. Give me a couple weeks and I'll be a pro... I hope!

Some of our Christmas presents are starting to arrive -- thankfully! LaVaughn's hard to find eye shadow arrived and something even more exciting... my mom's tablet!! I'm SO happy it came as early as it did! We should be getting stuff in the mail every day this week. We should, anyways. I just hope all the thins we ordered are here by Christmas!

We also got an extra surprise in the mail, the Christmas tree pouch that we won in the photo contest! It's adorable, so much cuter (and smaller) in person. The pouch on the tree is kinda small, but not too bad. I just don't know how it would fair with our two trios. I guess we'll just have to see!

I suppose that's all for now. Time to go wrap up mom's tablet!!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from Saturday:


This was taken on manual!


As was this!




And now pictures from Sunday:

One of few of Bart -- he's petrified of the cameras shutter!

The rarely seen geese!


Probably one of my favorites from the day.


You know there's gotta be some Mason in here.




Hi-Five from the cutest black cat ever!!



Gotta love feather photography.









He looks like a panther... a mini one.


I found a fuzzy worm!


And a baby rock.





Yawning cat.




Crazy eyed cat!










Now pictures from today:

The ducks are very curious and enjoy observing the geese on a daily basis.

Pretty Bart.



Christmas candy!




Zoe watching a little TV.

And lastly, our Christmas tree pouch from Christina Poon of Fortune Suggies.

No comments: