A dream come true...

Yesterday was one of the best and most exciting days of my life. I've wanted an SLR camera for years, but I've never really had, or wanted to spend the money. I've always been one that would spend it on the animals first. Perfect example, like all the new cages we got last year. That could have easily paid for a new camera, but they come first.

LaVaughn made the plunge Thursday night and forced me to pick one out that she could get. I've put it off for a couple weeks now, but finally did it Thursday. I was a little hesitant to order online, especially ebay, but the guy had stellar reviews and only sold cameras. For a stellar price, I might add.

As soon as I got home from work last night, I helped start dinner then tore into the camera. Surprisingly enough, it was easy to set up. It took me a while to get some of the features down, but things slowly started to fall into place after a few hours. It was really dark last night, so I wasn't able to take very many... well, I wasn't able to take many good pictures. I took many, no worries there.

I'm trying to rush through this blog as fast as possible so that I can go out and take pictures of the outside world. Of course, it's a cloudy overcast and looks completely dead and disgusting out, but I'll make it work.

It's not like I'll be out there long, each picture averages 7 MB which fills up our 1GB memory card in no time. I think I took 98 pictures and a video last night and there's only like 30% left. So yeah, I definitely see a memory card upgrade in the very near future.

Until then, sit back and enjoy the new pictures from the NEW camera! They're something else, let me tell you. I do need to work on things, so a lot of these are amateur at best.

Love & Peace

-Megan


Smug Zoe.

The macro is nice, but I definitely want a nice macro lens in the future.


Sleepy Fletcher:




The Christmas Tree:


Some gorgeous shots of Zac:



Just look at that cute little opossum face!


The decorations.

LaVaughn took this, I think it's stunning!


A random shot of Zac.


Miss Zoe:



Some more of Zac:














Big faced Una.


I love this one of Zoe.


Prepare for a Milla overload!!




She's so coy.





Look at that gorgeous face!



She's breathtaking.




So cute.




"Please feed me something."





The lights and garland I picked up last night:




More pretty lights.



Presents and bows:










These were taken with our old Nikon... they should have been first:

Isn't is a beauty?

No comments: