Winner, winner chicken dinner...

LaVaughn's appointment went well yesterday. Unbelievably weird, slightly uncomfortable, and all around mind boggling, but well. Her new doctor is like no other -- almost like someone out of a Dr. Seuss book, only slightly (and I mean only slightly) less whimsical than that of one of his characters.

He's nice, that much I'll give him, but holy shit is he crazy! Upon entering, he immediately started play "flirting", which I know didn't mean anything, but still. After introductions, he made himself comfortable and stretched out on the bed. This was just one of many theatrics of the day. It got better after we talked to him for a while.

He's decided to give her cortisone shots in her neck, which will take place next Friday. I just hope they help the poor thing.

LaVaughn and I went to town not long after waking today. We had our minds set on tortellini for dinner, so that's what we got. We also grabbed a couple things at Walmart and finished the afternoon off with a cranberry limeade (strawberry for her). Those things are SO addicting, almost more so than cranberry sprites. 

I'm just wasting time right now by blogging, I really don't have much else to do. The animals are fed, I've been fed, coffee has been ingested, gifts have been wrapped. 

Did I mention that I also trimmed ALL the gliders nails just a few short minutes ago? Not only that, but LaVaughn changed their pouches and I took pictures of ALL of them... even the joeys. Not the newest, but the older ones. I took a few of the new joeys yesterday when we got home. 

I love when we accomplish things like this.

Tomorrow I want to cut out a cage set and (hopefully) sell it. People seem to really enjoy our 8 piece sets for $50. They're not exactly my favorite thing to do, but they work. The yards that we got from Hancock fabric were very tiny, so they really only allowed for one large set or two very small sets.

Speaking of cage sets, we have a 3 - 8 piece set order that was just placed today. The girl wants 3 of those $50 sets. Factor in the cost of fleece and it's just over a $100 profit, so not bad at all. Another lady is wanting a set, so I'm going to pick up her fleece as well -- maybe even some extra!! 

I know I haven't mentioned this yet either, but I won a photo contest last night! Christina, one of our local glider friends, holds a contest every month on the MSGLA page. I just so happened to enter a picture of Zac in the Christmas tree that was apparently a hit. I still can't believe I wont! SO excited! And the prize is one of Christina's Christmas Tree Pouches, so cool!

It's kind of bittersweet, but I believe we bought our very last Christmas gift last night. We got auntie that really nice Windows Nextbook tablet and had planned on giving mom one of the RCA ones (cause she already has a nice laptop), then we decided to give the other RCA tablet to Gene, my uncle. LaVaughn and I are both getting tablets for Christmas, so that left Bob out in the rain with no tablet of his own. We were both highly against the idea of that, so we've been on a mission to find the perfect tablet for him.

I've been looking non-stop for over a week not, but there hasn't been anything good come up. It's either really expensive or really, really cheap. We didn't want to buy a super spendy tablet -- especially considering he may not use it a whole lot -- and we didn't want to get a crapper from eBay, so we were really lost.

After a very long debate, we decided to give the RCA tablets to Gene AND Bob and shell out a little extra money and get mom a better tablet. We decided on a Double Power 8GB Dual Core tablet. It has a nice processor, good specs, and it's pink.. which is a bonus. I'm just ecstatic that we finally resolved this horrible problem.

Now everyone will be getting a tablet for Christmas. Winner winner chicken dinner. 

And on that note, I believe I'll call it a day. I desperately want an orange now, for some odd reason. Maybe I have a vitamin C deficiency? I probably just have an orange deficiency, lol. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan  

Now time for glider pictures, lots and lots of glider pictures...

The new twins, Luna and Neville:















Logan





Seamus





Kira





Pip





Sadie





Declan





Fiona





Neal





Violet





Cas





Ellie





Aubrey





Boone





Chloe





Charli





Tyler





And lastly, Zac...







No comments: