Adventures in owning a pet...

There comes a time in every pet owners life when you have to face the harsh reality that your pets aren't immune to everything. They don't live forever, they get sick and have to have surgery just like the rest of us.

Today LaVaughn and I had the nauseating task of taking not one, but 3 of our pets to the vet today. The only plus about today was the fact that we got in an hour early and left 15 minutes before our scheduled appointment. Milla's visit was simple, she just went in for a nail trim. Our semi-feral, semi-sweet outside cat, Cersei, was being dropped off for her spay tomorrow, and our poor dear Sally had to been seen, yet again, for the mass on her face.

The outcome was slightly more grim than before, considering there's a nice sized solid mass next to her ear now. Last time is was mainly pus, this time it was pus and the mass. It's very heartbreaking and just leaves you feeling completely helpless. They offered to send some of the excrement off and have it cultured, but that really wouldn't help us any. Both LaVaughn and I agreed that it would be pointless -- even the vet tech, Bobby, agreed.

Sally is over 2 now, so the probability of a good outcome after however much treatment just didn't seem worth it. I'm praying that she has another good year in her, but all of us rat owners know that's a very slim chance.

I so don't want to talk about this anymore!

Kira's joeys detached Saturday night when I got home from work. Did I mention that I stayed an hour over my shift that night due to getting trapped during a game rush? Miserable! Anyways, back to the joeys... They're gorgeous! We are (again) the grandparents of a Black Beauty girl and a Ringtail boy. We're naming them Neville and Luna. Any fanboys or girls wanna guess what that's from? Shouldn't take a genius, really.

I've been talking to a girl about them for about a week now, but I refuse to show her pictures and talk prices until they're at least a week old. I'm far too paranoid anymore and don't want to jinx anything. I'm just SO uneasy when it comes to joeys. Like I worry constantly until they're like 3 weeks old. It's terrible, it's stressful, and it's staring to weigh on me. Makes me think neutering is a for sure thing, and soon!

Did I mention that Milla had a blast today? She LOVES going for rides and she used to go with us everything, but something happened and she would go completely mental when she would go places. She started barking non-stop and started shredding the backseat of the car. She ruined our old car, both sides of it were completely tore. We're both very hesitant to take her anymore since we got our "new" car. She did well today, though. She even got a couple McDoubles from her favorite eatery, McDonald's.

I believe I'm going to call it a day. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's Luna, our gorgeous Black Beauty sugar glider joey:












And here's Neville, our gorgeous Ringtail Mosaic sugar glider joey:












Zoe is like The Eye of Sauron:




Some sample shots of the night sky with the D3300:




And lastly, some Christmas props/decorations I picked up on my way home from work last night:




And now from today...












Look at that beautiful face!





No comments: