It's a bittersweet symphony...

Today was such a sad day. Today we said goodbye to two of our babies, Haldey and Kyro. It's days like this that make me want stop breeding entirely. I know that sounds selfish, but it seems like letting joeys go is getting harder and harder. When I went to take Hadley and Kyro out of the pouch where they were snuggled up with their parents, I lost it. I started crying like a little girl and then finished by apologizing for taking Sadie and Pip's babies away from them. Ugh.

Then, since my nose was so stuffed up, I started mildly choking and couldn't breath.

By the time we made it to Farmington, I told LaVaughn I had to stop and get a coffee for my throat. It was so dry and scratchy, I couldn't hardly swallow! McDonald's was the closest, so we decided to pull in there. Big mistake, by the way. It ended up taking over 5 minutes just to get a coffee. I honestly have no idea why they call their coffee "premium", because it sucks.

Anyways, we left Farmington around 3:00 and ended up making it to Festus by 3:30. And to think, we were worried that we would be late! It was just the opposite, actually. When I text Kelsey to tell her we were there, she told me they were running behind and would be there around 4:30! Go figure.

We were parked in front of a Joann fabric store -- which was where we planned on meeting her -- which ended up being right next door to a Petsmart! Good call on our end! After we fed everyone a few treats, we decided to head inside to blow the remaining 45 minutes.

I thought Petsway was expensive, but this place takes the cake! Everything they had was 20% higher than it should have been. Minus a couple things, like canned cat food, which we bought. We also bought Milla one of those Crazy Critters toys, the fox one (what would the fox say?). She had one a couple years ago that we picked up the last time we went to Arkansas, but something happened to it. Anyway, that thing and 4 cans of cat food ended up being $13! See what I'm saying?

Anyways, Kelsey showed up not long after that, then we handed the babies over to her. It was bittersweet, but the excitement she expressed when she laid eyes on them and held them for the first time made me smile and not think about the fact that I was actually handing over two of my babies to a complete stranger. Well, I can't really call her a stranger, considering I've been talking to her for 11 months.

She and her dad were both super nice and stayed and talked for a while. It was still sad, but I have a good feeling about her and think she's going to be a great glider mama.

After we said our goodbyes, we headed over to Joann's. Probably not a good idea, considering we're both a tad obsessed with fleece, lol. We ended up getting 8 yards of fabric before we left. We got 6 yards of fleece and 2 yards of flannel. Yup, we're going to give flannel a try. SUPER nervous bout that, but if it turns out the way we want it to, it's going to look awesome!

My conclusion about Joann's... it's awesome!! It's so sad, but I can't wait to go back, lol. Hopefully their blizzard fleece will be on sale the next time we make our way to Festus.

After we nabbed some food from Captain D's, we headed home. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Sad, but good. Kelsey has already emailed us, so I think it's safe to say she'll stay in touch. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Hadley and Kyro munching on some yoggies:








Are they not the cutest?


Petsmart!!


This cat reminds me so much of Zoe! I wanted to take it home. 



This little lady was a tad on the upset side.

But man was she pretty!


So many fish!

Milla's new Crazy Critters fox toy.

$20 antlers... no thanks.



It's a bird... no, it's a plane. Actually, it's a helicopter.

Our loot from Joann's. I'll post more detailed pictures later. ;)

No comments: