Cherish your animals...

It's been ages since I've posted new pictures of Milla. She's so hard to capture, considering she's constantly turning her head or running off. I always, and I mean always, have to have some type of food in my hand to get her to look at me. Today's food of choice; cheese.

Sigh...

I know I've never talked about this on my blog before, but I feel the need to express my deepest condolences for my friend, Hannah. She's a fellow glider owner and animal lover that lives in Maine. Her dog, Apollo, lost his battle with cancer yesterday. Words seem inadequate to express the sadness I feel for her. Being a fellow animal lover, I know the pain she feels.

It's amazing how fast things will take a turn for the worst. I always see her posting pictures of him, all the while my sister and I drool over his beauty. He seemed like such a happy dog, so well loved. If my sister and I ever had to send Milla to someone, it would be her. She dedicated her life to her animals. I applaud that.

At least Apollo isn't suffering anymore. That will be the only thing that gets Hannah through this.

Okay, I need to stop! I can't start crying about it again. Since his passing, I think I saw Milla in a new light. I take for granted the time I've spent with her and the time I'll get to spend with her. Milla's getting older (she's almost 8), so I need to start living in the now with her. Time for more car rides, more trips to McDonald's, and more walks around the park.

It's not just Milla, I looked at all the animals in a new light today. While I was lying in bed earlier, my beautifully fluffy cat, Zoe, just looked at me with such love in her eyes. She'll be 12 this year, which scares the crap out of me. The thought of loosing her and not being able to see her anymore brought tears to my eyes.

See, now I'm nearly crying again. I have to stop, I have things to do today...

Love & Peace

-Megan



Is this not a beautiful face!?

Apparently the sun was bothering her, which I find incredibly adorable.








I'm seriously, this dog is a stunner! She's such a gorgeous Sable GSD.






She looks gorgeous with the sun behind her.




On the prowl...

No comments: