Xbox 360 - still relevant?

I honestly don't remember if I blogged about this a lot, but my sister and I have been diehard fans of Left 4 Dead since the first one came out in late 2008. That was the same year I started this blog, so I'm sure I've mentioned it a time or two. We got our very first Xbox 360 in spring of 2007 and kept the same one until we got a PS4, which was early winter of 2014. We only had to send it in for repairs one time a few years after we got it, but other than that it's been really good.

After we got out PS4 we didn't really play the 360 that much, just once or twice when I wanted to play Splinter Cell or Survival Instinct. A couple months back I wanted to play L4D so bad that we got our old 360 out of storage and hooked it up. It was no surprise that it didn't turn on, even though it's in basically the same shape as it was the last time we played it. It could be something simple like a faulty power cord, or it could be the console itself. I mean, the disc tray jams and has to be forced open, plus the faceplate is missing entirely.

Nothing else was said about it up until a couple weeks ago when I started thinking of L4D again and wanting to play SO terribly bad. I started looking for used 360's on eBay and found several decent deals. A lot of them were just under $100 and a few over, but I already knew I didn't even want to pay close to that. After searching for days, I finally found one that wasn't ridiculously priced (under $60) and placed an offer. The guy countered for $4 less than the original listing price, so I countered again and he finally accepted. 

If he had shipped it out the day after I paid, we could've gotten it Saturday and had it Monday when we got back from work, but he took a while to ship it out and we just got it yesterday. It sucks, but it's whatever. We made up for lost time yesterday by playing for nearly 8 hours. I can't express how happy I am that we have a functioning 360 again. There is SO much nostalgia involved, it's amazing. Even though L4D and L4D2 are 12 and 13 years old, they're still so amazing to play. 

I was hoping that the graphics wouldn't be a major letdown, considering we've been playing PS4 games for 7 years, but it really wasn't an issue. It's just as fun as it was 13 years ago.

So let me ask, does anyone still use their Xbox 360? I know it's all the rage to buy the newest and best console, but I find so much joy in playing old games that are near and dear to my heart. Games that make me happy and sad at the same time because they take me back to a time that I loved so dearly, a time that I miss so much. 

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with new consoles. I mean, I would love to have a PS5, but I'm not gonna go crazy trying to find one and paying scalpers $1500 for something that costs less than $500. I'll be perfectly content playing PS4 games until they stop making them. 

I guess that's all for now. I'm going to share completely unrelated gaming photos below, which should come as no surprise.


One of the two pepper plants I'm trying to save/grow.

This is the other guy.

One of the baby cabbages.

Strawberry blooms!

These are some of the orange cherry tomatoes.

I can't wait to eat them.

I think this is a big guy.

And lastly, our giant hostas.

No comments: