Just A Check-In

 I've really been slacking in the blogging department lately. I sometimes feel obligated to blog at least 3 times a week, then sometimes I find myself struggling to blog just once. It's easier if I take lots of photos each week and actually have something to share, but if I don't then I feel like blogging is pointless. I'm not the type of person that has to document every aspect of their lives. I mean, maybe 6 or 7 years ago I did, but that's just not me anymore.

I love to write, even if I'm in a rush and don't read through what I've written to correct my mistakes, I still love it. I obviously love photography, so sharing my photos here is something that I really enjoy. Last week was occupied for obvious reasons, but this past week LaVaughn and I both have worked extra, so there haven't really been any free days. 

Tuesday doesn't count as a day because we had a 2 hour drive home, plus had to stop for groceries beforehand. By the time we get home and get everything sanitized, put away and then cook dinner, it's late and there's really no time to take pictures of anything to post. We also cleaned up around the house, took the glider's drop trays out and washed them, took all the glider's cage sets out and washed them, vacuumed the glider room, carpet cleaned part of the glider room, then for some random reason we cleaned out the closets and got rid of two trash bags full of shoes.

Wednesday was garden cleanup day. After breakfast and feeding all the animals we went down to the garden and started cleaning it up and pulling weeds - that took forever and I'm legit still super sore. 

I had to take my aunt to the doctor Wednesday in Farmington and we didn't get home until after 5. By the time we ate, watered the garden and bedded the chickens the day was just gone. We also had to pack for work this weekend which takes a while because we have to prepare 4/5 days of glider food, wash laundry and pack bags. 

This week was exceptionally busy due to the fact that we stayed away for work two extra days. I also had crippling anxiety Tuesday evening/night. Anyone who has periods of severe anxiety knows what I mean when the aftershock takes days. Wednesday was weird all day and most of the day Thursday. I think it was Thursday night when I started feeling relief. If I'm being honest I'm still feeling the effects somewhat.

I'm not going to get into all that, but having really anxious weeks takes its toll. 

I've also been really into playing the piano again for some reason, so anytime I have free time that's what I do. I usually spend at least an hour a day playing if nothing's going on. I actually finally finished a song I was learning Thursday night. I have a video on my phone, but I don't really want to upload it on YouTube just to share it here. 

So there's a rundown of the last week or so and why I don't blog as much some weeks. I think I put too much pressure on myself to blog and that's what's going to end up ruining this for me. I think it's okay if I don't blog some weeks and if I don't feel like doing it or if I feel I'm forcing myself, then I just won't blog. I haven't taken any pictures in over a week, so maybe next week I can get out and take some of the garden for an update - everything is growing like crazy right now. 

Well, I guess that's all for now.


Random picture (that I don't own) of these Cucamelons, only because I had no photos to share. I also want to order these seeds next year and try to grow these bad boys!

No comments: