Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine

 First, hello all and welcome. I've really taken to heart what I said in my last post about forcing myself to blog. Until I'm constantly taking pictures and wanting to share them, I'm not going to post that much. It's not as stressful, which blogging shouldn't be. This is for fun, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe to complain every once in a while, but who doesn't do that?

Anyways, back to my title. I know getting one of the 3 COVID vaccines is pretty taboo (and all too political) to talk about, but that's exactly what I'm going to do today. So... my sister and I both received our first Pfizer vaccine at CVS yesterday. 

I'm not going to lie, I was absolutely terrified and still am. I'm not scared of needles or anything like that, but I am scared of immediate side effects and long-term ones. I've read so, so much stuff regarding the vaccines and up until the pharmacist stuck the needle in my arm, I still had my doubts. I can't express how much worry filled my head, so much so that it nearly made me ill. I kept telling myself that I needed to calm my nerves or I wouldn't be able to tell if I was having a reaction. I've talked countless times about my anxiety, so you can only imagine how high it was.

Thank the good lord above neither one of us had any type of reaction. The needle was long, so it did sting after, but that went away within a few minutes. Other than that, I felt fine. Lets fast-forward to last night. I got a horrid headache that felt like a caffeine headache, so I can't even for sure say that it was from the shot. Then my ear started hurting, but it does that from time to time because my wisdom tooth is grinding its way out, so it always makes that whole side of my face, neck and head hurt.

I was also very cold for the majority of the night and just didn't really feel good. I was tired and struggled to even play the keyboard. Mind you, we went from Perryville to St. Gen to Farmington and then home. I literally always get tired after a long drive, so it could've been a combination of all of that. Part of me wants to blame the fatigue on the shot, but I can't say with certainty, ya know?

As of today I feel better, I still have a mild caffeine headache, but that's about it. I'm hoping by tonight that everything is much better. I guess only time will tell. 

I'll be glad when Friday gets here. I've heard tales of heart inflammation among some people after the Pfizer shot, but it's usually teenage males, so hopefully I'm good there. Still, I'm going to stress and worry until well after my second dose. It's in my nature and I've honestly be stressed about the vaccine since last year. It's over now and there's no going back.

I guess I'm done ranting for now. I mainly wanted to share my experience with you all and hopefully it'll maybe help someone down the road. And since we're on the subject of COVID vaccines, here are some pictures of the garden from last week -- since they're totally in the same category, lol.


Sorry for the bright lights (it was midday). This is the right side of the upper garden.

Left side of the upper garden.

Lower garden.

The zucchini plants are gigantic - even bigger this week!

LaVaughn and I cleaned out the carrot row (third one) last week. It looks amazing... for now.

Some gigantic orange cherry tomatoes.

No comments: