Butterbeer anyone?

If you're a fan of the Harry Potter series, like myself, then you know exactly what butterbeer is. A couple nights ago, I took it upon myself to find a recipe for the ever so popular magical beverage and was very pleased with what I found. Not only did I find the recipe that I was looking for, I found the exact same recipe that they use in the movies. I know, awesome right? I'd like to take credit for making these, but I would be lying. So, the cooking credits go to LaVaughn. :)

Here's what you will need:
  • 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
  • 2 TBLspoons water
  • 6 TBLspoons butter
  • 1/2 TEAspoons salt
  • 1/2 TEAspoon cider vinegar
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (divided)
  • 1/2 TEAspoon rum extract
  • 4 12-ounce bottles cream soda
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.

Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

See, that's not so bad is it? Try it and tell me what you think...

Love & Peace

-Megan

This is what you will need:


And this is what it looks like:



No comments: