Hyla Versicolor

 For some reason I'm saying this title in my head like Valar Morghulis, lol. I know that's not even close, but that's just burned into my brain at the moment. So, as the title suggest, today's topic is going to be the Gray Tree Frog. I mean, not the only topic, obviously, but I did find an amazingly beautiful Gray Tree Frog outside today. On my Purpleleaf Sand Cherry, no less. 

This little guy was so chill, he didn't even move much when I was plowing my camera through the leave to get to him. I had to literally almost touch his face with the lens - yet another reason why I need the 105mm macro lens - and he still didn't move. He was alive, if that's what you're thinking. I mean, he did move here and there and was breathing the entire time.

I've only ever got to photograph spring frogs and the occasional toad, but never one like this little guy! And he was SO close, so I'm really on cloud 9 right now. I'm going to forewarn you, I took quite a few pics of him and plan on sharing them all. 

As sad as it sounds, that's really my only excitement for today. I worked in the garden for a while today. Planted a bunch of okra seeds and watered the newly planted cucumbers, but that's pretty much all. I have all the gliders food ready to go for the weekend, even enough for Tuesday because we have to go to a stupid class in Cape Tuesday for work. Definitely not looking forward to that. So it's gonna be a very long weekend and beginning of the week for us.

I guess that's really all I have to share for now. I hope you enjoy looking at the pics as much as I liked taking them.


Here's the adorable little Gray Tree Frog!

He has such pretty eyes.



Very salty expression for a gray tree frog.


Look at his little round body!

Obviously there's gonna be weed pics.

I think I like this weed pic the most.



Pretty white wildflowers.

Vines growing up the side of a decaying building. For some reason it reminds me of The Last Of Us.


I also found another bug, but he wasn't cool with me taking pics.

More frog pics!

I love how chill this guy was.



My stalker photo. Peeking though the leaves and spying on a frog.


He was the best little frog model.

More weed photos.

This is probably my favorite.

No comments: