Semi-Sabbatical

Hello all, I'm back to the ever so enthralling world of blogging. I'm saying all of this like I've vanished for another 4 years, only to return with hundreds of photos that I've taken. I've tried to steadily blog this year, so not blogging for nearly a week means something to me now. If I'm being honest, the thought of not blogging again did cross my mind, but then I think of all the photos I've taken and the fact that no one - other than myself - would get to see them.

I mean, I show my sister everything I take usually, but she doesn't share the same love for photography, so I often feel like I'm being annoying when I'm showing her pictures of well lit leaves or weeds. I like posting on Instagram, or I used to, but I've blogged about why that's an issue for me, so I will probably never return to posting on that platform again. Besides, Instagram is riddled with these so called "influencers" that literally only want to sell you this or that. 

I'm going to stop myself there, there's really no need to be rambling about that right now.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but LaVaughn got me a really nice, full-size keyboard for Christmas in 2017. I had purchased myself a learners keyboard back in 2011 and used it all the time. I mean, at the time I thought it sounded amazing, but I had never used a decent keyboard before. It was well worth every penny and what I taught myself to play on, so I'm in NO way knocking the value of it. It was on the short side, maybe half the size of the one I have now, so playing a full size keyboard really opened my world.

In a way I kind of had to re-learn how to play certain songs. This was mainly due to the fact that my keyboard is so much larger and the keys feel entirely different. I had only ever touched real piano keys when I was younger and before I knew how to play anything. So going from a youth piano with flimsy little plastic to a full size with piano style (not ivory) keys was difficult. 

Since I've given you a far too in-depth backstory on my keyboards, I guess it's time to get to the reason I brought it up in the first place. LaVaughn and I were watching Halloween with Jake one day and he looked at me when the theme song came on, so I asked him if he wanted me to try and learn it for him, which he did. This was months ago and I hadn't even had my keyboard out since before my mom passed away, so I got it out and dusted it off and started playing.

That's what I've been doing with my free time this week, which is why I haven't been blogging. I've been super busy in the garden this week as well - cleaning out the rows, picking up millions of rocks and then planting more zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and cantaloupe today. I'm honestly too damn sore to do anything else at the moment, so sitting on my ass in front of the tv is a priority at this point.

So aside from trying to learn the Halloween theme and gardening this week, I haven't really had time to blog. I mean, today was the first day that I went out and took pictures. They're really nothing special either, but I just can't hardly bring myself to post a blog without at least one picture.

So yeah, that's been my week and what I've been up to. I have a couple random videos of myself playing what I've learned over the few hours that I've been playing this week, but I don't know if I'll upload them or not. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Beautiful little iris looking flowers.

Weeds in the sunset, shocker.

I feel like these could really use a Lightroom edit, but I just don't even wanna go there.




Pretty purple widlflowers.





No comments: