Saturday's in the bag...

Ugh... I was right, my cold got worse. Not as severe as my colds normally are, but bad enough to make me miserable at work yesterday and today. Thank god for Shawna, the girl I work with. She's amazing and picked up my slack. Normally I'm constantly on the go, but I feel like I sat on my ass the majority of the day today (and yesterday). Now I can just sit and do nothing for a few days.

I took lots of reinforcements with me yesterday and today. Things like Emergen-C, chamomile tea and plenty of peppermints to help clear my stuffiness. Not much helped, though. Staying overly hydrated seems to be the only thing that helps -- I'll never doubt drinking gallons of water a day again.

I have lost my sense of smell and taste, which is not fun to experience. I lost everything at work today, then had a little glimmer of false hope when I was suddenly able to smell and taste, but only for around 30 minutes. Now it's gone again, and gone it will stay.

Now (hopefully) I just have to not be super ill for the premiere of The Walking Dead tomorrow. If there's one show I love more than the rest, it's TWD.

My "feel better" bag that I've had at work all weekend.

And deny that awesome view, though. Even if I am sick.

No comments: